Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
He will be a lot more than a bit part player.

Of the players who have moved this window (because they were the ones available) who would you have got instead of him, bearing in mind it could only be a loan because of FFP?

Zirkzee was a real punt, no PL experience, and cost actual money so a non starter.
I'm not a scout, I don't get paid handsomely to go around watching football, I am not qualified to name names, that's why we have scouts.

I understand why we have got him but I find it highly uninspiring. Just fed up with mediocre players, JK isn't going to help us step up a level and I don't like filler transfers. Just not great is it, Josh King on deadline day after a month of window being open, it's shocking from Brands in my opinion.
It's not great but the summer was. Allan, James and Doucoure were fantastic signings. January is always difficult. If anything I actually have more confidence in brands and co after today. Sounds weird, but we haven't gone out and spunked a load of money on garbage that we then have to spend ththe next 3 years trying to bin off. We will be in a much better position to go after genuine targets in the summer because of the work we've done over the last few windows. The frustrating bit is we are so close to doing something special this season and who knows, a couple of quality additions may have pushed us up a gear this season. Whether the players were available is another question.

It's not great but the summer was. Allan, James and Doucoure were fantastic signings. January is always difficult. If anything I actually have more confidence in brands and co after today. Sounds weird, but we haven't gone out and spunked a load of money on garbage that we then have to spend ththe next 3 years trying to bin off. We will be in a much better position to go after genuine targets in the summer because of the work we've done over the last few windows. The frustrating bit is we are so close to doing something special this season and who knows, a couple of quality additions may have pushed us up a gear this season. Whether the players were available is another question.
I see it as a potential great opportunity not given our full effort to be honest. CL is up for grabs in this weird season, we should have made a statement showing we are serious in the second half of the season.

Problem is mate two of those players who have been offloaded haven’t really been offloaded they’ll be back in July to put a block to us being able to reinforce because we can’t move them on. Nobody will be foolish enough to cough up actual cash for Tosun and Kenny with 12 months left on their deals.

I suppose now we just have to accept that from now on until the end of the season we will have to make do with defensive minded players only and GKs to get us through and pray for no injuries.
I would like to see an end to this panic buying in January with Substandard players on 100k plus. All in all I would say that the managers recruitment in the summer was good. I would prefer a bit more of that.

I see it as a potential great opportunity not given our full effort to be honest. CL is up for grabs in this weird season, we should have made a statement showing we are serious in the second half of the season.
6 points off 4th with 2 games in hand, still in with a very good shout of CL. The club has no money and needed to save money to fit in with ffp, so they can play in Europe next year.
Our wages to turn over is something like 89% which is the highest in the league

I understand why we have got him but I find it highly uninspiring. Just fed up with mediocre players, JK isn't going to help us step up a level and I don't like filler transfers. Just not great is it, Josh King on deadline day after a month of window being open, it's shocking from Brands in my opinion.
Mate, honestly, what where you expecting in a January window??

He's come in on a short-term deal as a second striker who can provide another option across the front line for the remainder of the season, Premier League experience to boot. We then head into the summer ready to go again in the market.

I think a number of blues have completely missed the point with this and a bit more perspective is required!

We're one of the only PL clubs to do any business this window. Hugely difficult window and we've managed to trim the wages.

It's not long ago we would have snapped up a 50 odd goals in like 150 PL appearances striker. Certainly good back up.

what do people mean, what do I expect from a january transfer window? What a stupid question. I expect us to improve the first team and we haven't done that. We've signed a mediocre stop-gap from the championship, who hasn't a great goalscoring record and we aren't creating much.

It's not about me, we should be aiming to improve the first team and I don't feel we have done that. Let's see what happens.

what do people mean, what do I expect from a january transfer window? What a stupid question. I expect us to improve the first team and we haven't done that. We've signed a mediocre stop-gap from the championship, who hasn't a great goalscoring record and we aren't creating much.

It's not about me, we should be aiming to improve the first team and I don't feel we have done that. Let's see what happens.
We've LITERALLY sent Cenk Tosun and Ellis Simms away and upgraded on them... what are you on about??

How have we not improved the first team?
We've added one player that might get in the team and farmed out/jettisoned many player who won't

Status
Not open for further replies.