Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say overly negative although I understand why. We're certainly far more restricted due to PL sustainability rules and it has driven a more prudent approach.

Let's not forget, Moshiri is not in the same bracket as other owners nor do we have income through the likes of sponsorship or resales to recuperate money.

We have too much dross in the squad, who are on high wages and little interest from others, so we need these to go and accept it'll be at a loss.
The issue is we can’t take a loss as it further limits our budget under FFP.

We really need to sell our backup players and those who clearly arent good enough.

The other thing is this is his MO. Things are never his fault its always the club, he always tries to limit any negativity to his own brand. "Im a great manager, but what can i do without any money" he agitates and tries to split the fan base against owners and club. We've seen this before he did it at Mordor and he did it at Newcastle and he will do it here. Pop in to his thread its already begun. Hes an agitating manager that often destabilizes things.

The issue is we can’t take a loss as it further limits our budget under FFP.
Whether we can take a loss or not is somewhat irrelevant; unless Brands and co. work a miracle then we will be making a loss on a number of key players.

We're talking about Gomes, Tosun, Iwobi et al. That'll only be counteracted by the sale of certain players at a significant profit - DCL, Gray and Richarlison.

Whether we can take a loss or not is somewhat irrelevant; unless Brands and co. work a miracle then we will be making a loss on a number of key players.

We're talking about Gomes, Tosun, Iwobi et al. That'll only be counteracted by the sale of certain players at a significant profit - DCL, Gray and Richarlison.
Agreed. But squad turnover has not been managed.

There in black and white lol
He isnt making excuses though and recognises that our squad has had a lot of money spent on it and should be in a better position.
@ForeverBlue92 @Theoneandonly @davek
Im sure you guys will argue that Benitez has 'incredible character' (or other soundbites lifted from former RS manager Brendan Rodgers) in the face of such surprise and astonishment of the impending disaster. Despite him clearly meeting and understanding what the realities were when he took the job...
At least he isnt coming across as a snivelling worm...

“I met the owner and the sponsor and the directors [before joining] and everybody was telling me that we have great ambition and everybody wants to do well to create a competitive team that could go to the new stadium winning something or playing in Europe. The ambition is there.
“An owner who has spent £400m, you cannot criticise him for spending money. We have to be sure we are spending the money properly and the team will be stronger. We have to be sure we improve things that maybe were not right before. If not, then you cannot justify why we were where we were and why we are where we are after spending the fourth most [of Premier League clubs] in the last five years.”
I think you may have misinterpreted those words of Benitez to mean he is not critical of the quality of the squad and therefore has no excuses to make when the team fails.

That sort of thing can happen if you're desperate to undermine a manager.

need a box to box midfielder as urgent as a right back and a commanding center half and another attacker.
Davies is no certainty under Benitez, Gbamin is finished if Holgate is selected ahead of him and for Delph we cant rely on him staying fit

Status
Not open for further replies.