Everton FA Cup memories

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think seeing us get beat by Liverpool twice in the final actually stands out as much as the two times I've seen us win it. I would love it, love it I tell ya if we could beat them Cu*ts in a final.

Definitely Murph.

I don't have that many but Jags' penalty going in was probably my favourite, went absolutely mental.

My love for Jags sky rocketed that day.

His pen was superb, picked a corner and fired it in at the greatest velocity he could muster.

What happened with Fellaini's dad?

Limbs.
Was sat behind me with all his relatives, Mo spun in 6 yd box & banged it in, we turned to climb and he fell forward leading with an elbow (hmmmm !!) spread my hooter, total accident like and they all sorted me out with tissues etc to mop up the blueberry juice.
Mo was offside.

They all went with 5 to go apart from a cousin, missed Baines free-kick, extra time & pens.

The demise of the FA Cup has been one of the saddest by-products of the Sky TV / PL revolution. Hard to believe that it was once as important to win as the league. They were the tensest of games, even the 3rd round. And as for the semis............

The demise of the FA Cup has been one of the saddest by-products of the Sky TV / PL revolution. Hard to believe that it was once as important to win as the league. They were the tensest of games, even the 3rd round. And as for the semis............

Really? "was once as important as the league"?

When was that exactly? I agree its prestige has fallen massively but it was always second to the league in my book..

When was that exactly? I agree its prestige has fallen massively but it was always second to the league in my book..

Remember in the 60s mate arguing exactly this point with an RS fan the glory of the FA cup was unmatched the phrase "pinnacle of a player's career" was frequently used to describe a cup winners medal, not sure it was right but it certainly was a live discussion back then.

(of course people traveled by donkey back then and lived on stewed nettles with a tangerine for xmas)

Countless FA cup memories but I like to give Morrisey's pen vs Leeds in 1968 a plug in threads like this. I think Ball was injured or suspended? My personal point of no return as a blue. Just rolled it, it took an age to creep in right in the corner, barely made the back of the net he hit it so gently on bog of a sandy pitch and Everton fans behind goal leaned back as one making it look as though they had sucked it in. I was dead on line with the goal. brilliant moment. Very long 45 mins for the second half. Harry Catterick
, Harry Catterick, Harry Catterick, Harry, Harry!!!! (To the Hare Krishna chant for those too young to remember!!)

Going to every FA cup match during the 94/95 season. many memorable moments for me that season. from the car boot opening up on my little B reg 1litre Fiesta on the M5 going down to Bristol City, A fantastic afternoon in Manchester against Spurs, being offered £500 for our cup final tickets while walking up Wembley Way that we had qued for 24 hours and the cup final itself. What a fantastic season!!

Going to every FA cup match during the 94/95 season. many memorable moments for me that season. from the car boot opening up on my little B reg 1litre Fiesta on the M5 going down to Bristol City, A fantastic afternoon in Manchester against Spurs, being offered £500 for our cup final tickets while walking up Wembley Way that we had qued for 24 hours and the cup final itself. What a fantastic season!!

Spurs was at elland rd Leeds!

Sunderland away in the quarter final replay a couple of years ago. 7000 blues all together, as an 11 year old mind was blown. I'll always remember being in the car on the way up listening to the clash with some ridiculous sunglasses on that I couldn't see out of.

Not sure if those that weren't around back then to remember it have looked at those fixtures in that chart from 87-88 season, but just check out the dates of the games we played.
at 1 point Mon,Wed,Sat,Wed all in cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.