Everton could crown Liverpool as champions

Discussion in 'Everton Forum' started by Royal Blue Jersey, Mar 29, 2014.

?

Everton v Man City

Poll closed May 5, 2014.
  1. Lose - I'd rather 5th than see the kopites win it

194 vote(s)
    25.6%
  2. Win - 4th is too important to us

565 vote(s)
    74.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. squonk

squonk Player Valuation: £150k

Reputations:
    Some of the more righteous posters who are accusing others of being 'Liverpool obsessed' are missing the wider point.

Them winning the title boosts their worldwide profile tenfold and marginalises EFC even further as the perceived 2nd club in the city, further reducing our chances of proper investment, attracting better players, etc.

This is about the effect on EVERTON and our future, and not just about rivalry.

This is why it is not wrong to prefer a City win. Bigger picture.
    Allezfan likes this.
  2. hafnia

hafnia Player Valuation: £225k

Reputations:
    I think Roberto is quite intelligent which is why there isn't a headline stating what he actually thinks...

For a man who has spent a lot of his first season trying to understand Everton and its history, I think he knows exactly what the fans fear...

May 2nd 2010:- Liverpool 0 - Chelsea 2 - oh the irony Chelsea needing a win to more or less cement the league title away from the hands of Man United... a Steven Gerrard "careless" backpass went straight to Didier Drogba who put Chelsea ahead. Outside the ground Liverpool fans gladly bought the half Chelsea half Liverpool scarves to show solidarity against Man United.... what goes around eh....
    chicoazul and Allezfan like this.
  3. malfosse

malfosse Player Valuation: £750k Forum Supporter

Reputations:
    You do realise you have about £30M worth of players out on loan don't you. Liverpool are not as poor as your fans or media like to make out.
    Foot Long Hot Dog likes this.
  4. bluemangroup

bluemangroup Player Valuation: £950k

Reputations:
    No mate. They are paupers compared to those nasty oil barons and their wealth. And anyway, Liverpool are a club who have been funded by the only ethical billionaires on earth, who've all fallen in line with "the Liverpool way".
  5. detroiturk15

detroiturk15 Player Valuation: £225k

Reputations:
    Liverpool winning the league would be horrible but is it really going to turn into Dante's inferno? It would raise their profile but Everton as a club are on the way up. One league title will not reverse that. I want Everton to win, but if City win I will also be happy. Win-win for me. Unless there's a draw.
    DrEFC likes this.
  6. Woolly Blue

Woolly Blue Moderator Staff Member Forum Supporter

Reputations:
    The Americanisation of the English language saddens me greatly.
    Tree13, dholliday and Allezfan like this.
  7. Kopite96

Kopite96 Player Valuation: £100k

Reputations:
    Ah, so now you know what Martinez really thinks. You're wasted on here.
  8. Del

Del Ric Wee fan club member 2014 Forum Supporter

Reputations:
    Blackburn shirts on the Kop in 95

Pipe down
  9. Allezfan

Allezfan Player Valuation: £1.5m Forum Supporter

Reputations:
    I'd got it right, too. But the red underline of my work spellcheck had me worried and I 'corrected' it.

Deeply ashamed.
    Woolly Blue likes this.
  10. bluemangroup

Reputations:
    All Evertonians are telepathic. That's how we get chosen mate.
    Allezfan and dholliday like this.
  11. Del

Reputations:
    You forgot to end your post with JFT96 YNWA mate
  12. Blue Dan

Blue Dan Player Valuation: £50k

Reputations:
    Slightly off topic, but by far my biggest gripe with Liverpool fans this season has been how they view themselves as the shining example of how to grow your club organically. They are not the benchmark. In the PL era, City have spent £806m, Chelsea have spent £951m, and Liverpool have spent £650m. City and Chelsea rightly get criticism for their spending, but Liverpool seem to have convinced themselves (and the media) that they have never spent a penny.
    Allezfan and Tree13 like this.
  13. blue61

blue61 Player Valuation: £750k Forum Supporter

Reputations:
    City were bought when Utd were at the top of the tree. Granted, they had a new stadium, but I don't think having one of the biggest teams in world football across the city affected their takeover. If anything, the success of Utd probably helped. I still want Liverpool to crash and burn though.
  14. Kopite96

Kopite96 Player Valuation: £100k

Reputations:
    I too think Everton are on the 'up'. I think Martinez was a very good move for your club - while not having the biggest budget to spend he got some decent loans in like Lukaku etc. Got you playing good football unlike Gollum and generally, similar to us - you've got a good young contemporary manager who's out to prove himself.

The near future of Everton FC and Liverpool FC look bright, it's good to see.
    DrEFC likes this.
  15. Muzumbu

Muzumbu Player Valuation: £750k

Reputations:
    Liverpool have spent £292,500,000 in the last 5 seasons but they are still obviously spend no money and deserve to win the league because they are paupers. YNWA
  16. Del

Reputations:
    I want Liverpool F.C to cease to exist the racist/attempted murdering/heysel denying/chelsea blaming/head ruffling/munich singing/sh1t throwing/ambulance rocking bell ends
    Chang Elephant, chicoazul and Muzumbu like this.
  17. Del

Reputations:
    Go and post on a Liverpool forum mate, Nobody gives two sh1ts what you think
  18. bluemangroup

Reputations:
    I'm so sick of the "it's good for the city" line the red half have adopted. Stop it. Do not want your generous comments and certainly don't want some weird sort of brotherhood. You wouldn't even think to say this if you were as high up as you are, you don't care about our future, it's patronising and a pain in the rear having to pretend to accept such false pleasantries with good grace. Be Kopites. Then we can both wish for the other club to go down the toilet in peace on our own sites.
    Allezfan and Foot Long Hot Dog like this.
  19. hafnia

hafnia Player Valuation: £225k

Reputations:
    I'm sure Gerrard said he was gutted that he handed the title to Chelsea too....
  20. Del

Reputations:
    There infesting the place and it stinks

Nobody wants you on here, Jog on and post on a Liverpool forum you tedious whoppers

Lets all hope City do there job in the next 3 games and win the league because the thought of you tits winning it makes me feel ill
    Allezfan, ultimateblue, Tubey and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.