Everton aren’t any better, they’re just luckier

Status
Not open for further replies.
The bit where they base the quality of the defense and offense on purely goals/scored conceded is comical, I'd say the offense has got stronger and the defense is weaker if anything, such a mockery

Piss poor article written by someone very bitter. I'm starting to get the feeling people are really pissed off that we have done so well under Martinez so far. Who knows if we can keep it up but it's probably the same people who predicted us to come 10th and below at the start of the season and are now feeling a bit daft at their ****e predictions.

The media seems to be targeting us to get our players sent off as well as going over decisions that have gone for us, despite way more going against us.

If i'm being honest, then I would say we have rode our luck at times this season but as everyone knows, the two main reasons why we are doing so well is down to Lukaku, and Martinez' ability to change games for the better with his substitutions. Something Moyes could rarely do.

Definitely this.

Somebody somewhere is really annoyed that we aren't crap.

Idiot. Forget the Moyes v Martinez argument for a second and it boils down to this: Our squad IS better this season.

The writer of that piece doesn't take into account that historically Everton are slow starters in the league. Last seasons start was the exception not the norm.

A lot of people have been forgetting this.

We started brilliantly last season, however we'd be lucky to see the top half of the table until January in the years previous.

Superb start for Martinez here. His attitude is refreshing, his signings have directly benefitted the first team immensely, the footy is looking good and most importantly the results are excellent.

If you met somebody who told you they wrote sport articles for the Metro you'd nod your head politely and that's it, take no notice of him, he's probably some snot nosed little intern that doesn't like it when so called "less fashionable" teams show up his.

What's our f*cking name?

The Moyes love-in, was so bad, it was as if he had one and taken 11 players from the closest pub team, and changed them into top 6 Prem team. The amount of times poeple would mention our "average players", it was embarrasing

Now people say, you have some good players, as if its all a big shock.

Moyes created a very good squad, the talent of the squad was just more than Moyes could manage.

The Moyes love-in, was so bad, it was as if he had one and taken 11 players from the closest pub team, and changed them into top 6 Prem team. The amount of times poeple would mention our "average players", it was embarrasing

Moyes created a very good squad, the talent of the squad was just more than Moyes could manage.

Terrific call.

When he pops his clogs they'll put that on his gravestone ..... and possibly ginger flowers!

This. I think it's a fair assumption that most Everton fans were nervous coming into the season, after all Moyes is the fella who took us from perennial relegation candidates season in, season out to established European contenders, but it'd gone dry, certainly some, myself included thought it was the right time to go! After establishing ourselves as a very good team, the next step was either to push on and go for top 4 or at least win a trophy. Neither of which he stepped up to the plate for.

So when he left I was relieved, but at the same time, Martínez did take Wigan down, even if it was in a shoestring budget.

3 months into the season, were left 5th in the table, with a stronger squad, better attacking play, more points and certainly more confidence. We also get a manager who is unafraid of making a change, no matter how good a player they are, a manager who isn't one dimensional, and the fans have a new lease of life, two seasons ago, we'd gone that stale, and the fans were that fed up we'd pull a crowd of just over 30,000 for Stoke, now, were selling out Against Hull!
What a difference a manager makes!

Meanwhile, down the road in Manchester, the sane manager journalists were telling us, 'was being held back' by a club like Everton, Is seemingly doing that to United, with very similar tactics that disillusioned Everton fans for the last few seasons. Now, they're sat scratching their heads wondering what they've done wrong as United sit 8th in the league! Was it Moyes holding back Everton? You bet.

Whilst undoubtedly it's worth noting that it may only be a purple patch with Martinez at the moment, at least it's not predictable and is very exciting to watch. We were lucky to get rid of that parasite whilst we had the chance.

ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ OH

Well, hell - don't you need luck to be on your side?

Don't see how being luckier can be construed as bad. What a bitter article.

We were fairly unlucky to only pick up three points from our first three games, and it was really only in the Chelsea games that an argument can be made we rode our luck at times. Overall, there's a stronger claim to a bit of bad luck that we don't have 2-4 more points.

Also, it's not bad luck that concedes late goals. It's poor concentration. That we haven't dropped any points in the last fifteen minutes of games this season is a clear improvement.

RaAhBBk4Ti9y8botkz6rU73go1_r1_500.png

"You gotta make a sub, Moyesie!"
"But i'm scared McGarnagle!"

This article is a blog by an Everton fan from the website Royal Blue Mersey. Have a read of some of the other articles; those boys haven't got a clue.

This. I think it's a fair assumption that most Everton fans were nervous coming into the season, after all Moyes is the fella who took us from perennial relegation candidates season in, season out to established European contenders, but it'd gone dry, certainly some, myself included thought it was the right time to go! After establishing ourselves as a very good team, the next step was either to push on and go for top 4 or at least win a trophy. Neither of which he stepped up to the plate for.

I agree with a lot of what you have said but at the end of the day, realistically, the same thing that prevented Moyes from breaking the top 4 in recent seasons, willl prevent Martinez from doing so. We can't compete for the whole season due to a lack of signings and lack of money. It's Kenwright's lack of funds that is holding us back in my opinion. Martinez has done great to bring in Lukaku on loan but he won't be here at the end of the season and that's a concern. If we had a player like Lukaku permanently then we would be in a great position to break in to the top 4 in the next couple of seasons.

The likes of Spurs, Liverpool and Arsenal, who were all our most likely rivals for the last 4th spot at the start of the season, can strenghten their teams with big money signings each transfer window. We can't compete with that.

The bit where they base the quality of the defense and offense on purely goals/scored conceded is comical, I'd say the offense has got stronger and the defense is weaker if anything, such a mockery

To be fair we were very good offensivly at the start of last season and i enjoyed watching us as much as this season. the difference is last season around this time we reverted back to hoofing because we conceded a few last minute goals, then the football pretty much went back to typical moyes boring footy. This season under roberto martinez the footy will not change, we will just get better at playing the system he is putting in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.