Everton aren’t any better, they’re just luckier

Status
Not open for further replies.
The results have been earnt on merit, but we've had a lot of luck at the back, not a lot elsewhere though.

If Royal Blue Mersey is the same that writes on our behalf in the Metro then he's an idiot. Constantly shaking my head at the embarrassing image he puts out for us

"Royal Blue Mersey is the Everton blog of SB Nation. We are a group of Evertonians from a variety of backgrounds. We span the globe with writers in England, USA, and India. We try to look at Everton as fans but without the blue-tinted glasses so many supporters tend to wear."

This is their strap line which really means they think they are better than all other Everton fans.

Tools of the highest order.

I know the brian_goodison who writes for the RBM site. He's a pretty good guy. I'm not sure who is writing the tripe on the Metro though.

Interesting comparison: Moyes ~ Martinez.

David Moyes first 26 games
Home League 7-3-1
Away League 6-0-7 (whatever happened to not drawing?)
Cup 3-0 win at Wrexham, 3-3 draw at Newcastle (won on pens)

Roberto Martinez
Home League 7-3-1 (identical)
Away League 4-6-1 (same points in 2 games less)
Cup - 2-1 and 4-0 at home, 1-2 and 4-0 away

League wise Moyes took a crap team and got 42 points in 24 games, a total RM has achieved, with a much better team in 2 games (worth noting also that like for like games we are 5 points up on last season). The progress under Moyes was not exponential and clearly though we did reasonably well it never got a great deal better. The comparison is slightly skewed by Everton winning the last 5 games on the bounce 1-0 of those 26 under Moyes..

Status
Not open for further replies.