Everton and America

Status
Not open for further replies.

Col MCFC

Player Valuation: £50k
Hello,

Not sure if this is in the right section but hopefully it is. Now I might be missing something but why have Everton got so many American fans? The only thing I can think of is Howard but surely he alone wouldn't have effect?

At City we've always had LOADS of Swedish fans (I mean long before Sven) and I've never quite understood it.

So what's it all about lads?

I don't know if we really have that many American fans. I started following Everton after I saw them play a friendly against an MLS team and just fell in love with their playing style and players.

Everton was the first team I ever saw play in person when they visited Chicago in the summer. I've become attached to the club ever since. "Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same" ;)

I have a cousin who lives in Chicago and I've managed to get him and his mates to follow Everton. They've even been to Goodison a couple of times with me.

We're worst than the RS for overseas support outnumbering the local supporters hahaha. Cant fill a stadium dont ya know?

Being a ex-patriot living in Tennessee. When I went to UT I played club football then in a lot of local leagues I spread the word in this Football starved nation. Now coaching I corrupt High Schoolers playing summer leagues touting the greatest team ever of course Everton. Believe me I get a lot of feedback about some of our regulars like Jags and Cahill. It's not all about Howard but he definetly helps. I didn't realise how many Irish lads that come over are avid Evertonians.

Posted via Mobile Device Everton have gone global baby yeah...... Austin Powers

Not sure the Tim Howard / Joe Max bit helps at all - Tim Howard is still relatively unknown as an American sports figure.

I saw the Toffees with a friend of mine (who is a great Everton supporer) this summer in Chicago and was awestruck by the experience - all of the supporters meeting at the Globe Pub in their Everton kit, EFC banners hanging in Toyota Park, drinking beers with two guys from Liverpool who had taken holiday to come to the US and watch Everton play in Chicago and Denver. US sports fans may take a day or two off for a big game for their team, but we don't take 2 weeks off to run around following a team playing in goodwill friendlies. Watching Arteta from the 2nd row didn't hurt either.

Here we are now.... Blue all the way.

I started getting into the game about 3 years ago. The one thing that got me intrigued was the youth movement at Everton (Anichebe, Vaughn, etc.). Then knowking the goalie was from U.S. helped. Then learning all the history really got me hooked.

In a lot of ways I feel like I am being let in on a big secret that most Americans don't know about. The only thing that comes close here is tailgating at Penn State football games on Saturdays in the fall (but that is only 6 times a year). I think European football is starting to catch on here, it's still a work in progress though.

Anyone know who else Everton is playing while they are out here this summer, hoping they come close to the East Coast (DC United or Red Bulls would be great)?

Status
Not open for further replies.