Even Joey Barton thinks Osman should be in the England squad ahead of Henderson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottish Toffee

Player Valuation: £1m
Warning! Crack may have been smoked before this interview...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18378032

Joey Barton believes he would have featured in the England squad at Euro 2012 were it not for his behavioural problems on and off the pitch.
He will serve a 12-match ban next season for kicking Sergio Aguero and clashing with Vincent Kompany after he was sent off at Manchester City.
Barton, who won one England cap against Spain, wrote on Twitter: "Why are people saying 'can't get in squad etc'?
"On ability I walk into the squad, on behaviour I don't... fact."
Barton, who began his career at Manchester City and spent four years with Newcastle, was in the news again last week when he was arrested, and later bailed, following a brawl outside a nightclub in his native Liverpool.
Continue reading the main story
“
I really hope England do well and win it, I really do. All am saying is I don't think we will
â€￾
Joey Barton
On the pitch, Barton was also sent-off against Norwich last season, while he also picked up 10 bookings.
The QPR midfielder, who won his only cap in a 1-0 defeat under Steve McClaren in 2007, was critical of England coach Roy Hodgson's decision to draft in Liverpool midfielder Jordan Henderson following the injury to Frank Lampard.
"If Henderson got in, any Englishman not currently in the squad has to feel aggrieved. Yes, I wish I was there but I'm not...," he said.
"Everyone's thinking it, I'll say it. Liverpool have an horrific season and have six players in our Euro squad. What chance do we have? [The England manager should] Pick on form.
"How [Grant] Holt, [Micah] Richards, [Michael] Carrick, [Rio] Ferdinand, [Leon] Osman, [Daniel] Sturridge etc never got involved is a travesty..."
Barton insists he still wants England to do well at Euro 2012, but he is convinced they are unlikely to win the tournament.
"I really hope England do well and win it, I really do. All am saying is I don't think we will," he tweeted.
"If everyone stays fit, we've got a decent 11 once [Wayne] Rooney's back.
"If any of the key players get a knock, we are done for. Three games in eight/nine days takes its toll on the body. If a few are carrying injuries from a long domestic season, it will show. Not being pessimistic, just a realist.
"I am overqualified to pass judgement on this. Not only have I played in the Premier League for 10 years but I've played with and against most of them."

He's a massive tit but erm, he's not wrong.

6 Liverpool players in the squad. That is shocking. Most of them are pants and have had poor seasons.

Osman, despite this weird inferiority complex some of the posters on here seem to have, is a quality player and would offer a lot more than many of the chosen players. Barton too, ability wise, is far better (at the moment) than players like Henderson.

But Barton's a beaut of the highest order. Ossie's remained silent and he's anything but a beaut and he's a better player, so I think Barton should shut his gob.

If people ignore him, he goes away, he feeds of attention and you all fall for it

Status
Not open for further replies.