Eto for captain

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly don't think it will make a difference. There are captains and there are leaders. Note Dario's shout on Peter Reid. Jags doesn't seem to have the personality to be a leader.
Eto'o will be a leader with or without the armband. Just like Peter Reid was.

I honestly don't think it will make a difference. There are captains and there are leaders. Note Dario's shout on Peter Reid. Jags doesn't seem to have the personality to be a leader.

Unfortunately mate, being a captain back in Reids day was about leading on the pitch with your no nonsence hard man approach, dragging your tired team through the final hurdle. These days i only see 'captains' as those who are good at having a influence over referees, see Rooney, Toure, Gerrard and Arteta the little snide for example.

Unfortunately mate, being a captain back in Reids day was about leading on the pitch with your no nonsence hard man approach, dragging your tired team through the final hurdle. These days i only see 'captains' as those who are good at having a influence over referees, see Rooney, Toure, Gerrard and Arteta the little snide for example.
I know what you're saying mate, But as Dario says, Reid wasn't captain but he did inspire us. Eto'o can do the same. The younger lads will certainly listen to him and his attitude on the pitch is a good example.

.....yep, Eto'o doesn't need he armband to lead and influence. Club Captain comes with more baggage and also includes off pitch activity as a club representative.

Jagielka should be stripped of the armband immediately. His performances are woeful and he is not and never has been a leader. Install someone else, anyone else who can lead by example.

I'd see that as the first positive move toward getting shut of this feller and his partner in crime, Distin.

Jagielka should be stripped of the armband immediately. His performances are woeful and he is not and never has been a leader. Install someone else, anyone else who can lead by example.

I'd see that as the first positive move toward getting shut of this feller and his partner in crime, Distin.

I saw that Mat Hummels has called his Dortmund team 'pathetic' with their season so far.

Would be nice to hear some honest truths from our captain and manager wouldn't it?

The thing that annoys me about Jagielka is he talks about us like we are a Stoke sized club, "we need to hang on to the shirt tails of the big clubs."

No way. Hasn't done anything to warrant being captain. He's not even a definite starter. If anyone, McCarthy would take the armband from Jagielka in my opinion.

Eto'o should be on the bench. He isn't a CAM or winger but seems to be one of martinez's bum boys and has to play.

This is the difference between martinez and the top managers. The top managers have the balls to handle the big name players. Martinez doesn't seem able to tell your eto'o's, Barrys etc. That they are mainly squad players

I saw that Mat Hummels has called his Dortmund team 'pathetic' with their season so far.

Would be nice to hear some honest truths from our captain and manager wouldn't it?
Jagielka justs wants to amble along with his sidekick Distin picking up the wages.

No passion, no quality on the ball, no leadership.

Status
Not open for further replies.