Duffy Recalled

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigmaclad

No mate
Looks like Shane Duffy has been recalled to the squad, Jags must be out for a while then:

From his twitter, @ShaneDuffy34

I've been recalled back to everton so my loan has finished at Scunthorpe . Just like to thank everyone for there support and never know I could be back in weeks do just like to thank everyone at the club .

I've heard Duffy is being recalled to relieve our goal scoring drought and will be playing centre forward on Saturday...

Not April 1st quite yet I know

Why not Dier? ( not sure he has the right professional credentials to play in our first team like?)

Why not Dier? ( not sure he has the right professional credentials to play in our first team like?)

I'm not sure if Dier is allowed to play with the first team. The whole Dier thing seems a bit funny unless we can at some point sign him.

I'm not sure if Dier is allowed to play with the first team. The whole Dier thing seems a bit funny unless we can at some point sign him.

It really wouldn't suprise me if we have been given a small fee to parade Dier in our youth team so scouts from other prem clubs can have a good look at him.

Looks like Shane Duffy has been recalled to the squad, Jags must be out for a while then:

From his twitter, @ShaneDuffy34

I think he'd be a good shout for a starting spot on Saturday, as he has been playing regularly at a level closer to that of Tamworth. It is more of a scrap in the lower leagues/non-league and he'll have been used to that the last month or so.

Hope it goes well for Shane , he should play him saturday , wait , scrap that , just play Johnny , Distin centre half just so as we dont have to look at that awful centre midfield pairing again .

dont see us playing heity n lanky sat with tott coming up a few days later... but saying that one will defo be playing unless we play another youngster?

I think Shane has good potential, big strong lad, lacks pace but he seems good at reading the game.

Moyes has played Hibbert emergency CB and it worked ok. It's, thankfully, an area we're relatively well covered on.

I hope Duffy gets his chance. I thought he did well in his EL games a couple seasons back. It's time to start looking at these lads and seeing whether they can cut it. It's not great news that Jagielka is out but there might be a silver lining to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.