Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

I was border line suicidal before today/yesterday but I said to god if we get something out of today perhaps my future looks brighter. I mean it wasn't great watching the match today lot's of nervous moments but the result will make me happy for at least the rest of the week. A good Everton result really makes a difference.

I do know what you mean to an extent mate, a bad result really used to effect me too, as it was all part of the negativity in my head at the time, but if you're having suicidal thoughts you really need to tell someone close to you and go and get proper help ?

I was border line suicidal before today/yesterday but I said to god if we get something out of today perhaps my future looks brighter. I mean it wasn't great watching the match today lot's of nervous moments but the result will make me happy for at least the rest of the week. A good Everton result really makes a difference.
Are you seeing a GP/councillor mate ? When i felt like i was at rock bottom they really helped me start to feel better.

Thank you for your reply. When it was reported to the police I was taken to a suite and they only wanted to know the details and didn't offer any help with counselling. I don't know if it was because it happened years before and hadn't reported it at the time.

It was really difficult posting it on here, the thought of speaking about it face to face with someone makes me physically sick, but I really need to try and move on from it as it affects every part of my life. I barely leave the house or see anyone apart from my husband, daughter and my dogs, I have what I describe as trigger senses that happen quite regularly that give me panic attacks.

I only got married last September and my husband has been fantastic, but there is nothing sexual about our relationship for quite some time which I worry that he will get fed up and leave even though he doesn't say there is a problem.

Once again I thank you for taking the time trying to help, it is very much appreciated and I will look into the mentalhealthforum.org.

I would hope to God that the Police now act completely differently and with much more sensitivity than that which you received from them. Don't ever forget through it all....you didn't do anything wrong. I avoided calling you a victim when youre trying your utmost to get away from all that that entails...youre a survivor. Your husband loves you, obviously understands your fears and is your rock at the moment. Try and discuss your worry over your relationship issue with him for the reassurance he will no doubt give you. Your daughter loves you and she also needs her loving Mum. You really could do with getting some professional support so that you in turn can be strong enough yourself to give her the support in her young life that you were sadly denied. The staying indoors is a protective comfort blanket ..a means of avoiding anything or anyone untoward, intrusive or just simply anxiety provoking to yourself on any level. That's an understandable reaction after what you've been through, though one that now needs to be given some attention. Hopefully, given professional support, you will get the strength and confidence to move forward from your situation. That will only be a good thing as I suspect, given your sensitivity nature and intelligence, you could even be capable of helping others in the future who find themselves in a similar position to yourself. Why not research groups online first if you are averse to speaking to your GP or Practice Nurse for help......the biggest step you will ever make to get your life back will be the very first one - the best one. Good luck to you and your family.

Last edited:
I would hope to God that the Police now act completely differently and with much more sensitivity than that which you received from them. Don't ever forget through it all....you didn't do anything wrong. I avoided calling you a victim when youre trying your utmost to get away from all that that entails...youre a survivor. Your husband loves you, obviously understands your fears and is your rock at the moment. Try and discuss your worry over your relationship issue with him for the reassurance he will no doubt give you. Your daughter loves you and she also needs her loving Mum. You really could do with getting some professional support so that you in turn can be strong enough yourself to give her the support in her young life that you were sadly denied. The staying indoors is a protective comfort blanket ..a means of avoiding anything or anyone untoward, intrusive or just simply anxiety provoking to yourself on any level. That's an understandable reaction after what you've been through, though one that now needs to be given some attention. Hopefully, given professional support, you will get the strength and confidence to move forward from your situation. That will only be a good thing as I suspect, given your sensitivity nature and intelligence, you could even be capable of helping others in the future who find themselves in a similar position to yourself. Why not research groups online first if you are averse to speaking to your GP or Practice Nurse for help......the biggest step you will ever make to get your life back will be the very first one - the best one. Good luck to you and your family.

Thank you for your reply. It was a big step for me to type my issues down on here as it has taken me over a year now to do it, I feel a bit better getting it off my chest. I feel the next step is getting to see my GP, I am worried about the counselling thing but accept I will not move on without help. My husband has been a rock, TBH I can't believe he has stuck around with the way I am at times. My daughter is 14 now and is from my previous long term relationship, although my husband treats her as his daughter as she hasn't seen her father for 7 years.

There are people on here going through some really tough times and so many wonderful people taking their time to help. What a fantastic forum this is and Thank you to all that have participated in this post.

Thank you for your reply. It was a big step for me to type my issues down on here as it has taken me over a year now to do it, I feel a bit better getting it off my chest. I feel the next step is getting to see my GP, I am worried about the counselling thing but accept I will not move on without help. My husband has been a rock, TBH I can't believe he has stuck around with the way I am at times. My daughter is 14 now and is from my previous long term relationship, although my husband treats her as his daughter as she hasn't seen her father for 7 years.

There are people on here going through some really tough times and so many wonderful people taking their time to help. What a fantastic forum this is and Thank you to all that have participated in this post.
your problem is the most important to you as mine is to me and others to them, the point is sharing our problems and by posting you have shown it works. without going into any details I can empathise what you are going through and if you feel you want to chat pm me anytime.
damn we need a hug icon lol.

your problem is the most important to you as mine is to me and others to them, the point is sharing our problems and by posting you have shown it works. without going into any details I can empathise what you are going through and if you feel you want to chat pm me anytime.

Thank You. I have been reading your posts and can't believe your strength. I think back to both my parents battles with cancer and wish that they could be as open and honest with me as you are with us on here. Would be nice if we could have a hug icon on herelol.

Mods, can we add some please?

new_hugsmile1.gif
smileys-embrace-hug-697757.gif
t4604.gif
53ec18a9c54471a7938a38d615c86861.gif
postrating_hug.gif

Thanks to everyone for the comments, I'm in a [Poor language removed] place but hope to win.

Mate you will. Been there, lost my dream home, the lot , left with a pile of debt etc, but life will get better, stay strong think positive and take small moments of happiness where you can , they add up! Spend time constructively to take your mind off the negatives and slowly your life will get better

I suppose the key to happiness is being content with what you have, and making the best of it.

This absolutely. Don't spend your life wishing for what you haven't got. Haven't got much but have a job I generally enjoy, a great son , great family . If I am ever a bit low I take a look at Syria and thank my lucky stars that I am not there

Another case of the Saturday blues! Hoping Everton can make things a lot better :) not sure what it is really.. just a niggling feeling of sadness under everything that I am trying to keep myself busy with! I had this last Saturday when I was sat there thinking 'well what now?'. It's similar but I am less panicky over ending the relationship and the consequences of it. I guess I just feel like a spare part really... Feel like I am a hindrance having come back home and like I am more answerable to people... Like I have lost some freedom, even though I've gained freedom in so many other ways. I have lots of plans and cool people around me with similar interests etc but I just keep thinking is this just all temporary and one day I'll just be on my own and having a breakdown in my bedroom at my mum and dad's? All very premature and jumping too far ahead... But as I'm sure a lot of you understand, it's a normal reaction to jump ahead under circumstances like this. Overall, I feel as though I have made the right decision... It's just still fresh and surreal. I have a lot of life left to live and a lot of people to meet/experiences to go through... Sometimes it just doesn't feel that way and you feel like you want/need all the answers right here, right now. Thanks for listening :)

It all takes time - corny I know but you will gradually build your new routine and take opportunities to enjoy yourself and do things you wouldn't normally do. Take each day and especially weekend when you get more time to dwell as it comes.

Are you seeing a GP/councillor mate ? When i felt like i was at rock bottom they really helped me start to feel better.
I do have a regular contact with the GP at least on a monthly basis unfortunately I do have physical health issues that prevent me doing a lot of things. I think I will go to the GP soon to sort out my physical health issues.

I do know what you mean to an extent mate, a bad result really used to effect me too, as it was all part of the negativity in my head at the time, but if you're having suicidal thoughts you really need to tell someone close to you and go and get proper help ?
I think everyone to an extent get's thoughts like these when they're depressed, particularly men but I would say I feel seriously bad mentally just sometimes struggling to cope with life.

I have bouts of depression from time to time. Well, I think it's depression. The other week I was constantly getting thoughts like: "What's the point in all this? What is the point of life? What's the point in doing x, y or z." Certainly gets you down, that sort of thinking. Very difficult to shake it off, though.

Has anyone else had these sort of negative thoughts out of the blue?

I have bouts of depression from time to time. Well, I think it's depression. The other week I was constantly getting thoughts like: "What's the point in all this? What is the point of life? What's the point in doing x, y or z." Certainly gets you down, that sort of thinking. Very difficult to shake it off, though.

Has anyone else had these sort of negative thoughts out of the blue?
I think we all have the occasional "what's the meaning of life" type thoughts mate. Are your thoughts ongoing? If so, are you speaking with anyone to help?