Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

I haven't spoke about the link because it states I need to speak to my GP. I don't want to talk to my GP because this will go down on my medical records and some jobs require a medical records check. I understand its the NHS but I wouldn't mind going private and speaking to a psychiatrist that way.

Just come across this thread nice one Groucho

I have been there on and off and believe me depression is a horrible horrible illness its like I have to wage a constant battle against it

Once again much appreciated

Also, lids, you're not too young to get depressed.

I know there's a few people about my age or younger on here, and plenty of people will think/say 'what have they got to worry about? They don't have a family/bills/work etc.' but it can happen to anyone and there's no reason to be ashamed of it or not talk to people about it.

Christmas is a terrible time for those suffering from depression. After all everyone is supposed to have a wonderful time, that's what the marketeers would have you believe.

Must be very difficult if you are in that position, so to anyone here, remember there is always someone to talk to, professionals, friends or even here on GOT. Things can improve, taking the first step in talking to someone is the hardest, but after that it gets better.

Don't suffer alone there's plenty of good people to share your problems with and help you back to full health. Depression is an illness, nothing to be ashamed of, but like all illnesses can only get better if diagnosed and treated.

Good luck, best wishes, and do something to make this Christmas special for yourself and the people around you.

xxxxx

Christmas is a terrible time for those suffering from depression. After all everyone is supposed to have a wonderful time, that's what the marketeers would have you believe.

Must be very difficult if you are in that position, so to anyone here, remember there is always someone to talk to, professionals, friends or even here on GOT. Things can improve, taking the first step in talking to someone is the hardest, but after that it gets better.

Don't suffer alone there's plenty of good people to share your problems with and help you back to full health. Depression is an illness, nothing to be ashamed of, but like all illnesses can only get better if diagnosed and treated.

Good luck, best wishes, and do something to make this Christmas special for yourself and the people around you.

xxxxx

Great post. My uncle has had terrible issues with depression in the past. Those moments apart - say three episodes in all the time I've known him - you'd never know he had anything up with him.

Christmas is his worst time of the year still so it's become a family thing to go off and make a huge effort for him every year.

Great post. My uncle has had terrible issues with depression in the past. Those moments apart - say three episodes in all the time I've known him - you'd never know he had anything up with him.

Christmas is his worst time of the year still so it's become a family thing to go off and make a huge effort for him every year.

Sorry if this is too much information but mrs the esk brought someone back from the depths of the deepest depression you could think of, a family friend, just by being there and listening over time.

Like the dawn, it was totally dark for a long time beforehand, then just a chink of light, a lightening on the horizon which gradually turned into a full blown day.

If that's where you are, speak to someone, me even, and we'll try to bring you to a lighter place.

There's no problem in the world that can't get smaller by facing it, turn your back and it only gets bigger.