Derby build up thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They can't cope with strikers of the Lukaku/Benteke/Drogba ilk plus Rodgers seems to be insistent on playing Gerrard like Pirlo which Stevie G isn't. 2-1 win for us, got a feeling this is our time!

Last edited:

Could give naismith a start if no barkley? Played well last night so maybe him over osman.

I'm desperate for a birthday win here. Only time its happened in my life was bolton in 2003 with steve watson scoring both, so im going to say the same score as that 2-1.

Could give naismith a start if no barkley? Played well last night so maybe him over osman.

I'm desperate for a birthday win here. Only time its happened in my life was bolton in 2003 with steve watson scoring both, so im going to say the same score as that 2-1.

I would do this mate. At the very least, Naismith will do his bit defensively and people wont just ghost past him. He might also score a goal or two, he does have a habit of it, as frustrating as he can be. I'd start him ahead of Osman.

However with it being the derby, I reckon Martinez will go with the local lad. In fact I'd be amazed if he didn't.

I would do this mate. At the very least, Naismith will do his bit defensively and people wont just ghost past him. He might also score a goal or two, he does have a habit of it, as frustrating as he can be. I'd start him ahead of Osman.

However with it being the derby, I reckon Martinez will go with the local lad. In fact I'd be amazed if he didn't.

Been thinking this myself:

Howard
Stones Jags Distin Baines
McCarthy Barry
Naismith Mirallas McGeady
Lukaku​

With Pienaar, Coleman and Barkley all starting if available.

Naismith doesn't run with the ball. Can't see him starting to be honest

The thing I have to say (begrudgingly) about Naismith is that , quite obviously he's rubbish in terms of a PL player at a club operating at the upper level of that league...he's slowish, his touch is appalling, his vision and passing are on a par with David Blunkett's, he's the most ill-disciplined Everton player for years in terms of positional play ...but he's a proper goal hanger and can snap up a chance at an important moment.

He's basically football's answer to Forrest Gump. An idiot who, despite himself, ends up doing something right that keeps people guessing as to just how idiotic/rubbish he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.