2022/23 Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spurs gave away an asset previously valued at £80m. I think they might have already accepted there's a chance they'll get no money for him tbh.
Well then you’d think they’d jump at the chance of increasing their chances of getting something.

Well then you’d think they’d jump at the chance of increasing their chances of getting something.

The highest likelihood of Spurs getting a penny from the deal is that Dele has a good pre-season, a good August, and that Everton decide to pay the £10m.

Renogotiating the deal makes it less likely Everton will pay anything for him on account that he's closer to the end of his contract with us.

As someone who hails from a social services/mental health background I truly commend dele for being candid about his internal trauma/despair and attempt to actively address the issues that have been festering within, it shows despite being extremely gifted and attaining the highest levels of recognition still leaves you susceptible to unresolved trauma and hardships that will devour anyone, even if you try to mask your woes as they will eventually surface. Unfortunately there's still a stigma in regards to mental illness especially in sports as you're just expected to shrug off any inner turbulence and perform regardless. I hope he is able to attain some semblance of mental clarity in the near future.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.