2022/23 Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spurs have already forfeited the £10 million because we simply aren’t going to play him 7 more times. That’s the point.

A restructure of the deal is in the interest of all parties.
A restructuring of the deal will only benefit one party, the party who agrees to less than they were due in the original deal! If he wasn’t in Dyche’s plans yesterday, he shouldn’t be today.

The highest likelihood of Spurs getting a penny from the deal is that Dele has a good pre-season, a good August, and that Everton decide to pay the £10m.

Renogotiating the deal makes it less likely Everton will pay anything for him on account that he's closer to the end of his contract with us.
Fundamentally disagree. Think there’s little to no chance of us letting him play 7 games with the deal structured as it is.

The highest likelihood of Spurs getting a penny from the deal is that Dele has a good pre-season, a good August, and that Everton decide to pay the £10m.

Renogotiating the deal makes it less likely Everton will pay anything for him on account that he's closer to the end of his contract with us.
The first part of that isn't going to happen (we can't pay 10m to play him for less than one full seasons worth of games) so it's the exact opposite really: renegotiating the deal is the only way Everton will pay anything for him.

The fact that he's in the final year of his deal emphasises that, because even if we did pay the money and put the work into helping him get his game back, then if he did go on to have a really good season he could still leave and we get nothing for the expense and hard work.

In fact, if we do negotiate a flat fee that lets us play him an unlimited number of games, we probably still need to renegotiate his contract on top of that too, to give us the option to extend by at least a year to avoid that sort of scenario.

That just doesn’t wash for me. They said it was a prescription drug. Your employer doesn’t get a doctor to prescribe you a drug so you work better. Otherwise our employers would all have us micro dosing speed or CBD depending on whether we need to work quicker or be more relaxed around customers.
Your employer probably doesn't. Mine certainly doesn't but football clubs (and other sports clubs) have little to no regard for players if they think they can get that extra percentage out of them. Professional sport is very rewarding financially but it is not a nice industry - the physios and club doctors who get the top jobs are the ones who are willing to gamble with a players long term well being if it gets them on the field and reaps short time rewards for the club.

I'd like to think some of the Everton lads that know him have been in contact since this came out.
He's out there, just doing his own injury rehab while he's there rather than taking part in full training. I'm guessing maybe part of the reason he's there rather than doing his recovery at FF like Coleman etc might be because they wanted to have him involved with the squad knowing what he's been through over the summer.

A restructuring of the deal will only benefit one party, the party who agrees to less than they were due in the original deal! If he wasn’t in Dyche’s plans yesterday, he shouldn’t be today.

A restructure benefits all. No restructure and the lad is shipped out on loan somewhere he doesn’t want to be. Spurs get nothing and we pay half his wages.

All I can say is that today has shown some that there are some truly dark opinions amongst us, and then a lot of fans on this forum that remind us why we're Evertonians. I hope he gets a fair shot at it because he did sound motivated again, and I think this interview provides a catalyst for him to rejuvenate himself. Must consider the finances but I hope we work this out because that deal was dirty from day one. A proper dodgy bit of business by levy who is a parasite

Fundamentally disagree. Think there’s little to no chance of us letting him play 7 games with the deal structured as it is.

Then he'll be sent away on loan and we'll massively subsidise his wages. No way does Levy renegotiate this deal, such fanciful ideas belong on Football Manager and Internet forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.