Decisive moments of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barry blocking Eto's shot was a huge, huge moment ( I said that outloud in a Roberto style voice).

Obviously the win away at Old Trafford was the standout moment of the season, although I also really enjoyed the last 10 minutes at West Ham.

I was gutted when they equalised at the end of the derby. We certainly deserved to win that game and possibly score double what we did.

The Derby defeat and FA Cup loss to Arsenal where very hard to take. A season with a lot of early promise, faded quickly after a poor January window (sound familiar). The one slight positive though is that I actually think Mcgeady will prove to be an excellent signing once his fitness is at the level required for this league.

I was gutted when they equalised at the end of the derby. We certainly deserved to win that game and possibly score double what we did.

The Derby defeat and FA Cup loss to Arsenal where very hard to take. A season with a lot of early promise, faded quickly after a poor January window (sound familiar).

This really. I was in cloud 9 when Lukaku scored the third against the RS, only to come crashing back to earth 10 minutes later. An awful defensive display did for us that day. Then against Arsenal we had three (?) decent chances at 1-1, one of those goes in we're in the semi final.

Three defining moments for me. A poor transfer window following on from the Howard/Osman debacle against Sunderland, plus the injury to Deulofeu when he was just getting into his stride stalled all our momentum. Putting aside the poor transfer window, without the other two events, I firmly believe we'd still be in with a good chance of a top four place. As it is, there's still plenty to play for, but we need to pick up some wins away from home asap.

2 defining moments:

Pass back v Sunderland

Anfield derby, the moment Barry injured lukaku

Avoided these, at least 6 pts better off

plus the injury to Deulofeu when he was just getting into his stride stalled all our momentum.

Most definitely the season's low point for me.

That lid was just about to take the PL by storm IMO, then he gets that freak injury.

The injury to Oviedo as well.....he was really showing what a good player he is when he was stricken.

Status
Not open for further replies.