2017/18 Davy Klaassen

Status
Not open for further replies.
He just belongs in the first team.

I felt embarrassed that the manager left him on the bench again to accommodate a quite obviously inferior player.

...it was the formation I found more bizarre than the selection. Koeman does flabbergast me at times. The only thing that did encourage me was he made the obvious changes at half-time and then brought Davies on to provide much needed drive.

There's no function for him.

Hand on heart: how on earth does he get a starting position if Rooney, Davies, Schneiderlin and Gueye are all fit?

He is the inferior of all those players - he couldn't force out those behind him and he's certainly not the equal of Rooney who he often takes the space of; and Davies adds more impetus to the team when he comes on and replaces Klaassen.

What role can he possible make his own? None as far as I can see.
We're building a squad mate. There will be plenty of games to play assuming we get through the Split tie, and hopefully we'll bring in Gylfi and a footballing striker before the window closes. There's also a slim possibility of Ross staying if nobody get's close enough to our asking price for him.

I just hope Koeman manages to find the right blend of players and formations to suit each opponent, and uses the squad to it's full potential. If so, there'll be plenty of game time for everyone and we'll also keep players fresh.

Klaassen has a lot to offer and his skill set is different to anybody else in the squad. He is a give and go type player and needs players around him who are on his wavelength. Rooney is clever enough and I think he and DCL have also shown some good link up play so far. Gylfi will definitely add to that and hopefully the new striker we bring in too. His clever off ball running will create many chances for himself and others, as we saw with Rooney's goal yesterday.

We just need to give him a chance to settle in, for other players to get used to his style, and to bring in other 1 or 2 other players who are intelligent enough to take advantage of his skillset.

Once he's settled, he's the sort of player I'd be playing against teams that park the bus, rather than where we are looking to play a counter attacking game. He was effective for Ajax because they tended to dominate possession in most of their games. I think he could play a similar role for us. Whilst nothing is certain in this game I'm hoping that he will prove to be a valuable addition to our squad. But I think you've made your mind up on him already mate so I don't expect you to agree with me.

Pickford

Williams
Keane
Jagielka

Baines
Davies

Gueye
Schneiderlin

Sigurdson
Rooney

Sandro

Like Brazil in 2002 world cup @MorgsGoat

There's no function for him.

Hand on heart: how on earth does he get a starting position if Rooney, Davies, Schneiderlin and Gueye are all fit?

He is the inferior of all those players - he couldn't force out those behind him and he's certainly not the equal of Rooney who he often takes the space of; and Davies adds more impetus to the team when he comes on and replaces Klaassen.

What role can he possible make his own? None as far as I can see.

He just belongs in the first team.

I felt embarrassed that the manager left him on the bench again to accommodate a quite obviously inferior player.