Darron Gibson

Status
Not open for further replies.

.....I don't think so, it will take time for him to get up to speed. He looks in good physical shape but there's nothing like game time and he needs a fair bit of that.

Spot on eggs, 1 year out and unfortunately you can't just pick up where you've left off. It's going to take time, hence why Martinez has used him so sparingly. It's not because he doesn't rate him it's because he doesn't want to push him too hard too soon. Hopefully by the time the busy Christmas period arrives he will be bang at it and prove his quality and how valuable he is to the squad. 6-8 games on the spin and injury free will see him back to his best

.....I don't think so, it will take time for him to get up to speed. He looks in good physical shape but there's nothing like game time and he needs a fair bit of that.

But thats it, game time means him playing a very cricial position for us, and im not sure we can afford that now.

I think we will move for a midfielder in Jan.

But thats it, game time means him playing a very cricial position for us, and im not sure we can afford that now.

I think we will move for a midfielder in Jan.

.....January is a little way off and I'm sure RM will take stock of all areas as that approaches. From a defensive midfield perspective we should have McCarthy, Besic, Gibson and Ledson. Gibson should be sharper by then and Barry closer to coming back. Priority for any additions might be elsewhere.

'Ssup with Glib-o? Will he be fit for the weekend to pair up with our BOSSnian m8 or not?

I love giving foolish nicknames.

If Ledson comes in over the next few months, maybe as a sub or in the last Europa game, and shows that he is capable of playing in the first team, do you think we might let Gibbo go? He doesn't seem to be able to get fit and if Ledson is added to the list of CM players that are good enough for the first team, he could be considered superfluous.

We really need either him or Barry fit for this,Besic and Osman stepped up to the plate last night but I don't fancy the pairing in the midst/heat of a Premier League game tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.