Crowd Trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a real concern for the return fixture, I booked to take my 13yr old lad when the draw was made, I wished I hadn't now, there is a whole lot of angst brewing up amongst Evertonians, combined with limited ticket allocation and stories of Lyon fans attacking pubs near Goodison last night.
I hope my fears aren't accurate, my experience of the police in Lille doesn't fill me with any confidence in the French police.

In any European away there is often potential for unsavoury incidents but they're most often minimal, and usually you have to be unlucky to get caught up in anything. If you take the sensible options while you're over there you'll be fine. My first sentence could apply to pretty much any situation in life. You could walk down Las Ramblas in Barcelona as a tourist and get pickpocketed, you could get held at knifepoint in the New York subway etc. Shouldn't stop you doing things and most of these incidents are usually blown out of proportion in the media.

I'm usually of that opinion mate but Lyon do have more about them. I mean out of other snide clubs we've played how many of them have gone down Country Rd looking for it?

Split, AEK and Dynamo Bucharesti to use these 3 for example, were places where fans were attacked in the away games but there fans wasnt interesed outside of Goodison when they came here. Yet Lyon wanted to have a go when they onlye brought a few hundred.

Lyon had it with England fans at the Euros aswel.

The fact that they are in 'last chance saloon' with Uefa may see things pass peacefully though.
ive just found out Lyon ( like split) had polish lads with them and one who told them were to head for by the ground .

Grow a pair mate, people saying stuff like this is what’s sensationalising minor incidents.

Hate drama queens.
Look lad don't tell me to grow a pair, I've been everywhere watching Everton and that includes the 1970's. Different when you have your kids with you, anyone who says otherwise doesn't deserve to be a parent. If you ever 'grow a pair' and father kids yourself then you may understand. Come back to me after you've got through puberty.

From Merseyside police
A media arrest.
Huge battle on County Rd but they go after a lad who PUSHED a goalkeeper. Pathetic!

I can't see why anyone cares what happens to this idiot, is it because he supports Everton? If you seen a man in the street acting like him and had no idea who he supported would you be sympathetic to him ?

he only stopped it escalating more between the players who
were also 'pushing' eachother had he not I reckon a couple of red cards
would of been given there. feel sorry for him really theres worse things
going on in the world and this is 'news coverage' at the moment ? pathetic

I can't see why anyone cares what happens to this idiot, is it because he supports Everton? If you seen a man in the street acting like him and had no idea who he supported would you be sympathetic to him ?

I long for the days when good Evertonians used to look out for one another.

So Yes, it bothers me when I see a fellow match going blue get arrested for something that should never have been a police matter in the first place.

Should be given a 2 season ban and be left alone to live with the humiliation of it all.

How exactly can a stadium ban be enforced?

In two months time, this will all be forgotten about. He could just buy his tickets from somebody else. It's not like there is going to be 'Wanted' signs up at every turnstile.

How exactly can a stadium ban be enforced?

In two months time, this will all be forgotten about. He could just buy his tickets from somebody else. It's not like there is going to be 'Wanted' signs up at every turnstile.

They can't enforce it. But get caught and they'll ban you for life and get the police involved.

Only takes one snitch or the stadium cameras to spot you and its game over.

Stewards would also be well aware of what you look like.

Status
Not open for further replies.