Crowd Trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a real concern for the return fixture, I booked to take my 13yr old lad when the draw was made, I wished I hadn't now, there is a whole lot of angst brewing up amongst Evertonians, combined with limited ticket allocation and stories of Lyon fans attacking pubs near Goodison last night.
I hope my fears aren't accurate, my experience of the police in Lille doesn't fill me with any confidence in the French police.

Its going to be worse than Lille. You'll have the same issue with the Policing but Lyon have a hooligan problem unlike Lille.

Spurs fans got attacked by Neo Nazi's in Lyon a few years ago. That happened to Everton in Lille also.

Its going to be worse than Lille. You'll have the same issue with the Policing but Lyon have a hooligan problem unlike Lille.

Spurs fans got attacked by Neo Nazi's in Lyon a few years ago. That happened to Everton in Lille also.
theyll only try anything the night before . Attack a bar that’s got mainly non theatening blues in, then claim a ‘result’ lol then they won’t be seen again leaving our away support fuming and wanting revenge on match day , like Lille.

They’ve copied the site which claimed they were “attacked” so in this case no it’s not a reliable paper at all.

You’ve just put words in my mouth regarding them lying about people going to hospital though which is a bit random.

Their lads wanted trouble, went looking for trouble at the two pubs they’d get it & ended up coming off worse.

We aren’t talking about normal fans getting ambushed here.

Sorry my mistake. I copied the wrong link by accident, wanted to link the previous one. L’Equipe is a good newspaper though for French players and teams. Usually reliable.

I also thought you were arguing about the hospital part tbf. Wasn't talking about the attacked part - I was just responding to a question about the hospital.

Some of the reactions have made me laugh. Of course it was a stupid thing to do but Jim White, for example, was saying he should do jail time. Not an overreaction whatsoever.

One radio pundit (can't remember his name) said something along the lines of: "He'll probably do a ten year stretch."

Who is George McKane ?
He runs the yellow house charity, helps underprivileged kids to get into art and generally gives them a helping hand.
Looks a bit of an ageing hippy , but I have known him for years to talk to, he used to drink with an old mate of mine and Jaycees, Don MC who was an ex skin and Everton lad now sadly dead, He is really nice fella , good blue , and a bit of a character I have got a lot of time for him.

I have a real concern for the return fixture, I booked to take my 13yr old lad when the draw was made, I wished I hadn't now, there is a whole lot of angst brewing up amongst Evertonians, combined with limited ticket allocation and stories of Lyon fans attacking pubs near Goodison last night.
I hope my fears aren't accurate, my experience of the police in Lille doesn't fill me with any confidence in the French police.

You know, I am half thinking of just forfeiting my plane ticket.

I don’t have a match ticket and when I booked to go I was totally confident I would easily pick up one over there and sit happily and safely among locals.

Not now.

I am genuinely worried about trouble over there and as you say, memories of Lille are still raw.

A Coventry fan literally climbed on the pitch and was aggressive towards players this week, I honestly don’t think I’ve heard/seen it mentioned by the national media once.

People aren’t defending the fella, what they’re saying is that the media are overplaying it massively and tbh I find it disappointing that people (never mind blues) are buying into it.

A Coventry fan literally climbed on the pitch and was aggressive towards players this week, I honestly don’t think I’ve heard/seen it mentioned by the national media once.

People aren’t defending the fella, what they’re saying is that the media are overplaying it massively and tbh I find it disappointing that people (never mind blues) are buying into it.

That guy has been given a lifetime ban by the stadium, an indefinite ban by the club.

It was on Sky just yesterday.

Amazing how the media are crawling all over this, yes it wasn't great but really? You'd think the fella whipped a weapon out and started massacaring people the way the news has been going on about it. I honestly reckon if it had been our dear neighbours the media would be praising their swift action in punishing the culprit.

All teams have idiots following them, it's just a shame that particular idiot was front and centre for that situation yesterday.
The media have not once attacked Everton football club (to my knowledge).

Rather they have had a go at this idiotic embarrassment of a father. It's simply indefensible what he did, especially putting a young child like that at risk.

I would be disgusted if my father or even a relative did that. We don't have to defend everything.

theyll only try anything the night before . Attack a bar that’s got mainly non theatening blues in, then claim a ‘result’ lol then they won’t be seen again leaving our away support fuming and wanting revenge on match day , like Lille.
I'm usually of that opinion mate but Lyon do have more about them. I mean out of other snide clubs we've played how many of them have gone down Country Rd looking for it?

Split, AEK and Dynamo Bucharesti to use these 3 for example, were places where fans were attacked in the away games but there fans wasnt interesed outside of Goodison when they came here. Yet Lyon wanted to have a go when they onlye brought a few hundred.

Lyon had it with England fans at the Euros aswel.

The fact that they are in 'last chance saloon' with Uefa may see things pass peacefully though.

Status
Not open for further replies.