Could you guys possibly answer a few questions ahead of derby game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before we get to any 'on- pitch' matters, I'd firstly like to take this opportunity on behalf of the members of RAWK for the support and tributes that Everton showed regarding the Hillsborough Independent Panel's findings. Your club and it's supporters were magnificent. With that being said, do you see the atmosphere at the derby changing at all in light of the recent events? I'm sure we'd all like to see the return of the 'Friendly Derby' and see an end to some of the pretty appalling chants sung by both sets of fans?
I don't think there will be any problem with vile chants, personally ive never heard any at goodison so i dont think sundays game will be a problem.

What have you made of Liverpool's start, and what do you feel about Brendan Rodgers and the style he is trying to implement at Anfield?
A pretty poor start considering the money spent over the summer also Brendan Rodgers style of play is boring and awful to watch.

In the past few years, Everton have seemed to start their league campaign slowly, yet this year (from the outside looking in) you seem to have started pretty well. What do you think has been the major difference between this season and previous seasons?
I believe the fact we acted quickly in the transfer market instead of leavin it to the last minute played quite a big part and the fact that we made some decent signings.

Which of your players have been your best players this season?
Fellaini, baines and jagielka have been tremendous.

Anybody not performed as well as you'd have expected?
I don't believe Heitinga has performed as well as last season in the few games hes started this term.

Everton last won a trophy in 1995. With that in mind, how did you feel when David Moyes fielded a weakened side in the League Cup and the subsequent defeat to Leeds? Do you not think he could have treated the competition like Liverpool did last year?
It was frustrating as i thought he would have learnt his lesson from last seasons derby at anfield that we cant make six changes and expect to win, also it was possibly our best chance of silverware so he should have taken it more seriously.

Looking further ahead of Sunday, how do you see both teams doing this season?
I'd like to think if we keep playing well and keep relativley injury free we can sustain a top 6 or maybe a bit optimisticly a top 4. If Suarez gets injured then Liverpool will struggle to even get top 10, with him fit i believe they could possibly go for top 7 or 8.

What are your best memories of a Merseyside derby?
Personally as i have only been to 3 derbies my first one was my favourite when we beat you 2-0 at goodison a couple of seasons ago when arteta scored a beuaty.

What about the worst memories you have?
Last season at wembley seeing us bottle it in the second half.

So looking ahead to the game itself, what side do you think David Moyes will select, and if different what side would you select if you were in his shoes?
Knowing moyesy he will stick with Nev and Ossie in midfield. I'd like to think if Fellaini and Gibson are fit they'd go straight into the side replacing Anichebe and Neville.

Are there any Liverpool players you are worried about ahead of the game?
Suarez for the fact that he will most likely recieve a penalty against us.

Finally, Liverpool have a very good record in recent Derby matches. Taking that into account, and weighing it up against your good start and our indifferent start, how do you see the game going? Would you take a point if offered it now?
Only three points for us is acceptable, as at the end of the day we are playing a poor mid table team at home and 3 points is a necessity if we are aiming for top 6/4.

Hi folks,

I am a member of the RAWK forum & we run a weekly article called Spyin' Kop were we interview opposition fans. If possible could you answer a few questions? Cheers in advance.

Before we get to any 'on- pitch' matters, I'd firstly like to take this opportunity on behalf of the members of RAWK for the support and tributes that Everton showed regarding the Hillsborough Independent Panel's findings. Your club and it's supporters were magnificent. With that being said, do you see the atmosphere at the derby changing at all in light of the recent events? I'm sure we'd all like to see the return of the 'Friendly Derby' and see an end to some of the pretty appalling chants sung by both sets of fans?

It's football mate, everything about it is childish "king of the castle stuff" the "96" campaign was beyond that - in reality it had nothing to do with football - god bless those poor families.

What have you made of Liverpool's start, and what do you feel about Brendan Rodgers and the style he is trying to implement at Anfield?

Martinez was the real instigator of Swansea's remarkable resurgence and I'd have been really worried if you'd got him.
I hope Rodgers gets found out because its LFC, but I have a grudging admiration for him having the balls to re-invent the wheel at arguably the most successful club in British history - audacious stuff and anywhere else I'd be cheering for him. Sh1t start of course but omelette and eggs comes to mind.

In the past few years, Everton have seemed to start their league campaign slowly, yet this year (from the outside looking in) you seem to have started pretty well. What do you think has been the major difference between this season and previous seasons?

Moyes realisation that he wasn't all that, when spurs didn't even ring it confirmed what a number of us have been saying for years about the defensive garbage he usually doles out. He made a decision to sell a few, notably Rodwell, and instead of buying defenders bought some creativity. The difference is self evident.

Felli, Baines, Gibson.

Pienaar has began to fall away, needs to get back to spurs for a week. Whatever they did he was 2 yards faster with goals in him when he returned.

Everton last won a trophy in 1995. With that in mind, how did you feel when David Moyes fielded a weakened side in the League Cup and the subsequent defeat to Leeds? Do you not think he could have treated the competition like Liverpool did last year?

Moyes was a tosser at Leeds, realistically we have the league and fa cups to win and Moyes fcks up in both year on year - puzzling doesn't cover it!

We'll be 7th, you'll be 8th.

What are your best memories of a Merseyside derby

Andy King tw@tting it past Ray Clemence

Rush notching 4 and Moyes cakking it at anfield and the semi last year - horrendous sh1te.

So looking ahead to the game itself, what side do you think David Moyes will select, and if different what side would you select if you were in his shoes?

sorry mate i don't do arsehole FM.

Whoever your worst performer is will be nailed on to score the winner, other than that no.

Finally, Liverpool have a very good record in recent Derby matches. Taking that into account, and weighing it up against your good start and our indifferent start, how do you see the game going? Would you take a point if offered it now?

Prefer us just to play like we had a pair and go for your throat, if you win after that well fair enough - not interested in a point.

Hope that does it for you mate, good luck in everything in life except for the derby!

Hi folks,

I am a member of the RAWK forum & we run a weekly article called Spyin' Kop were we interview opposition fans. If possible could you answer a few questions? Cheers in advance.

I'm all for the derby being a showcase to the world of our ability to sit with eachother, and even in recent years the merseyside derby is far ahead of any other in the UK in terms of the fans getting on. I'm sure a lot of blues will agree with me that as a club we were also strongly affected by hillsborough and from my point of view the support you saw recently has always been there.

I can't help but think the guy is a bit of a tit who will be remembered in a similar way to how we remember Mike Walker. Which of course is fantastic for us!

The players were due to go on an Asian tour which was cancelled, so they ended up getting extra rest. Also good new signings to boost the mood in the team.

I'm sure most will say the usual suspects.. Jagielka deserves a mention for his solid displays in defence.

Coleman at times, sometimes he seems below the required quality.

We have a small squad, so I'd rather focus on the league than the league cup. FA cup deserves a full strength side. I would have liked for him to use the league cup exclusively for young players entirely.

Us 4th, you lot 7th

By a mile is Dan Gosling's last minute goal a few years back at Goodison. One of the best atmospheres in the Old Lady that night.

that Gary McCallister free kick. Still makes me feel ill. The FA cup semi final last year was a particularly **** time as well.

I'm hoping for an attacking approach, because if we go for it I'm thinking we could give you lot a hiding this time. My worry is that we will cower as per usual and lose to a couple of soft goals.

That Raheem Sterling looks like a proper footballer.

No, I want the full three points and I expect to get them!

Before we get to any 'on- pitch' matters, I'd firstly like to take this opportunity on behalf of the members of RAWK for the support and tributes that Everton showed regarding the Hillsborough Independent Panel's findings. Your club and it's supporters were magnificent. With that being said, do you see the atmosphere at the derby changing at all in light of the recent events? I'm sure we'd all like to see the return of the 'Friendly Derby' and see an end to some of the pretty appalling chants sung by both sets of fans? No vile chants would be nice. Just banter. the 96 will always be respected at Goodison.

What have you made of Liverpool's start, and what do you feel about Brendan Rodgers and the style he is trying to implement at Anfield? Slow off the mark, but getting better in last few games.

In the past few years, Everton have seemed to start their league campaign slowly, yet this year (from the outside looking in) you seem to have started pretty well. What do you think has been the major difference between this season and previous seasons? Not going around the USA pre season.

Fellaini, Baines, Jelly.

Anybody not performed as well as you'd have expected? Dunno. Pretty happy with how the team has started.

Everton last won a trophy in 1995. With that in mind, how did you feel when David Moyes fielded a weakened side in the League Cup and the subsequent defeat to Leeds? Do you not think he could have treated the competition like Liverpool did last year? Think the team was good enough to beat Leeds. Leeds wanted it more and deserved the win.

Looking further ahead of Sunday, how do you see both teams doing this season? Relegation Ha Ha. Dunno? hard to say really.

Andy King, The banter, hope it returns as a few from either side are getting a bit vile at Derby games.

What about the worst memories you have? losing

yer man Suarez can always pinch a goal. I would worry about my own before yours though. If we play our game im happy.

2-0 Everton. No I would not be happy with a point.

I'd highly doubt there'll be any unsavoury element in the stands for this derby. Personally I hope it continues this way, it fills me with pride thinking of the relationship between the opposing sides. Obviously we always want a hard fought game but the stands should be full of friendly banter and not hateful chanting.

They started off very slow but the system seems to be falling into place now. There is a desperate need for a finisher in the team and I don't think the answer would've been Carroll. Berbatov would've been a great signing when he was available.

Getting the transfer business (for the most part) done early and actually having a man up front who can finish consistently.

Baines and Fellaini. Mirallas is showing glimpses of what he will add but it will take time for him to settle.

Naismith unfortunately. That said, I fully expect him to become a first team regular before the end of this season... he's just coming back from a serious injury. I think he got everyone excited with his 20 minute hat trick pre season, but we're all hoping he can re-establish his link with Jelavic.

I think Moyes fielded a side he thought was good enough to beat Leeds, however he was wrong. Leeds on the day played great football and deserved to win. We decided to just play for the final 15 minutes and it was too little too late. We all want silverware but I have a feeling that the focus will be pushing for that CL spot especially with Liverpool having a slow start to the season and Arsenal dropping points in games that they shouldn't.

I think Liverpool will push for a Europa League spot again if they get their act together. Though it really depends on the business they do in the January window. Barring an injury crisis I feel Everton have enough for European qualification, possibly the CL but this will be dependent on how we perform over the next two month (lots of big games coming up)

In recent times, Goslings winner or Reinas punch on Carsleys shot to allow Johnson that slapstick like goal.

A few terrible refereeing decisions that ruined games in recent times, but the last years 2-1 defeat in wembley was hell.

Probable Moyes Team : Howard, Baines, Jagielka, Distin, Hibbert, Mirallas, Osman, Neville, Anichebe, Fellaini, Jelavic
My Selection : Howard, Baines, Jagielka, Distin, Coleman, Gueye, Fellaini, Osman, Naismith, Mirallas, Jelavic

There's a few in there that can have moments of brilliance but I think a few of the kids could stuggle with the ferocity of the Derby. Gerrard and Suarez are the key players.

Yup, I'd take a point right now. Game is incredibly tough to call and it highly depends on what Liverpool team show up and what Everton team show up. Despite our good start, and you indifferent start... the two teams have thrown in some jeckyl and hyde performances. For example, if Everton perform the way they did against Swansea this year, we could hammer yis. If we perform like we did against West Brom we'll get nothing out of the game except embarassment.

I remember at the end of the 80's and into the 90's that the friendly derby was a term being sustained by the media. I would hear stories from my mates on Merseyside that there was a section of Liverpool fans who embarked on a crusade of violence and thugery against Everton fans. It turned the derbies into more sour affairs. You would still have all the families going in their mixed coloured tops and scarfs, but a generation of idiots was born into the rivalary. 19 and 20 year olds with no respect for the tradition of the clubs and what it meant on Merseyside. These fans had basically grown up watching Everton being the stronger team, despite Liverpool having one of their best ever teams. Both teams were great. Anyway, they obviously didn't like it as Liverpool had all the titles, but Everton were taking the glory. Then later into the 90's, Everton stubborness in derbies must have narked the RS fans no end, especially under Joe Royal. Then Everton slide away into obscurity, Liverpool are by a long way the dominant team on the Mersey and tensions seemed to ease. Probably because the idiots had got older and found a grain of sense in their lives. I did and still take pride that our derby is the 'friendliest', but nowhere near as friendly as it once was. As for the singing: again down to a few idiots with little imagniation for creating anything that isnt offensive. The bond between the two clubs in adversity is FANTASTIC. Both clubs have suffered tragedy and the unity shown has been heart-warming. Liverpool were brilliant after the Rhys Jones shooting. Which takes it back that it is a minority of fans who have caused a severance in the relationships, not the clubs themselves. Indeed, the management of Liverpool has brought much pleasure to Everton in recent years! Most of on here have many good mates who support Liverpool. Both teams will always have a player or two who will wind the opposition fans up.
Anyway, those are my memories and thought I'd share. The Liverpool fans of the time might challenge that events were the other way round! Either way, hostilities were taken up a notch and the media prefered their tag of friendly derby all the way through.
Thanks to MG for the use of commas and blimey, having to do this in installments!

I liked Brendan at Swansea...! He now talks like he's been there for 50 years. Liverpool are playing better than the league position suggests.

Higher sugar levels in the mints. The form of Fellaini and Gibson. Look what happens when they don't play.

Fellaini, Pienaar and Baines.

The back four as a whole looks too shaky too often.

Moyes does what Moyes does. He is the Scottish Medusa.

Think both teams will struggle to keep pace with the top 4 and be in that chasing pack, but only if they keep clear of injuries. Both could easily fall away without key players.

The ones we win are all great mate! The 4-4, then beating you 1-0 in the replay.

Anything that happens at Wembley!

Moyes will hand you the advantage by playing Neville and Osman. This will have the same effect as trying to stop the tide coming in with a paper cup. Your midfield will love it and have all the play. It will be about how our defences hold out and they are the cause of concern for both teams.

I think Gerrard will once again play his best game of the season!

Status
Not open for further replies.