Could you guys possibly answer a few questions ahead of derby game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
cat.jpg
^^ Defo that
NiksBreadCat.png

Or is this the cat?

Hi folks,

I am a member of the RAWK forum & we run a weekly article called Spyin' Kop were we interview opposition fans. If possible could you answer a few questions? Cheers in advance.

Before we get to any 'on- pitch' matters, I'd firstly like to take this opportunity on behalf of the members of RAWK for the support and tributes that Everton showed regarding the Hillsborough Independent Panel's findings. Your club and it's supporters were magnificent. With that being said, do you see the atmosphere at the derby changing at all in light of the recent events? I'm sure we'd all like to see the return of the 'Friendly Derby' and see an end to some of the pretty appalling chants sung by both sets of fans?
Hope it does return to the "friendly derby", seems like the two clubs have fallen into the sky trap of making the fixture much too volatile for the good of the tv audience! I personally don't hate Liverpool and only like to see them lose when they play Everton.

What have you made of Liverpool's start, and what do you feel about Brendan Rodgers and the style he is trying to implement at Anfield?
I think you have had a poor start although you have been a bit unlucky in a couple of games (but so have other teams) but you should stick with Rodgers as he seems to be trying to do the right things for the club.

In the past few years, Everton have seemed to start their league campaign slowly, yet this year (from the outside looking in) you seem to have started pretty well. What do you think has been the major difference between this season and previous seasons?
We have better players this year.

Which of your players have been your best players this season?
Baines, Fellaini, Pienaar, Jelavic

Anybody not performed as well as you'd have expected?
Not really, maybe Howard and Naismith but that's nitpicking.

Everton last won a trophy in 1995. With that in mind, how did you feel when David Moyes fielded a weakened side in the League Cup and the subsequent defeat to Leeds? Do you not think he could have treated the competition like Liverpool did last year?

Yes, I believe that is where our bread and butter is just at the moment. We aren't going to win the league anytime soon so we should go for the cups - silverware equals honours equals success.

Looking further ahead of Sunday, how do you see both teams doing this season?
Expect us to be challenging for Europe, suspect the same about Liverpool too.

What are your best memories of a Merseyside derby?
Any derby win creates good memories! The next one would be the best and the one after that even better.

What about the worst memories you have?
The way we rolled over against you last year in the league and more embarrassingly in the FA cup semi - that was awful.

So looking ahead to the game itself, what side do you think David Moyes will select, and if different what side would you select if you were in his shoes? He will probably go more defensive but I think we should be looking to attack you as I think the current Liverpool side is one of the worst I've seen.

Are there any Liverpool players you are worried about ahead of the game?
No Liverpool players - more worried about the ref!

Finally, Liverpool have a very good record in recent Derby matches. Taking that into account, and weighing it up against your good start and our indifferent start, how do you see the game going? Would you take a point if offered it now?
I expect us to win, certainly at home, for the above reason. A lot depends on the ref - in recent seasons we have been stitched up big time!

Hi folks,

I am a member of the RAWK forum & we run a weekly article called Spyin' Kop were we interview opposition fans. If possible could you answer a few questions? Cheers in advance.

Before we get to any 'on- pitch' matters, I'd firstly like to take this opportunity on behalf of the members of RAWK for the support and tributes that Everton showed regarding the Hillsborough Independent Panel's findings. Your club and it's supporters were magnificent. With that being said, do you see the atmosphere at the derby changing at all in light of the recent events? I'm sure we'd all like to see the return of the 'Friendly Derby' and see an end to some of the pretty appalling chants sung by both sets of fans?

Nah the friendly derby is dead and tbh I blame your legion of fans who really have no idea about the history of the two clubs. Walking past the kop at last seasons derby and getting stared out and muttered at by a group of matching tracksuit wearing scandenavians was probably the last straw. I'd like to see a return to it, and in my early days on this forum I actually kind of campaigned for it, but I dont think it will.

What have you made of Liverpool's start, and what do you feel about Brendan Rodgers and the style he is trying to implement at Anfield?

It's not been the best has it? Although by all accounts you've been playing some decent football in patches. Much needed home victory against Reading, I think if that had ended up 0 0 there would have been some discontent settling in. Sterling looks a really good player. You need someone up with Suarez though. Letting Carroll go when you only had Borini (who lets face it has done nothing even before getting injured) was a strange one. He would have caused us problems aswell, as he's proved in recent derbys.

In the past few years, Everton have seemed to start their league campaign slowly, yet this year (from the outside looking in) you seem to have started pretty well. What do you think has been the major difference between this season and previous seasons?

Literally no idea. I suppose we have Jelavic and Mirallas from the start so that's strengthened us. Oh and apparently the Nike 'swoosh' puts us 1 goal up before we've even played. According to our PR team. So that's obviously a bonus. ON a serious note, I think we believe we have a really good side. Some of the football has been brilliant, although that seems to have dropped off a little bit recently, just in time for the derby YAY!

Fellaini for me. Fingers crossed he's back and fully fit. We're not as good without him simple as. Bainsey has also been great. The usual suspects really.

Tim Howard and John Heitinga. I really rate both, but both have dissapointed so far. T How doesnt have any competition and Heitinga was rightfully dropped after having a terrible 45 minutes against Wigan. I'm sure he'll come back strong though. Tbh I hope he plays against you lot. We dont really have an abundance of snidery in our side (apart from Fellaini) to counteract your divers, snarlers and referee harrasers, and Heitinga is the perfect player to have the odd sneaky shirt pull or the odd word in the ear.

Everton last won a trophy in 1995. With that in mind, how did you feel when David Moyes fielded a weakened side in the League Cup and the subsequent defeat to Leeds? Do you not think he could have treated the competition like Liverpool did last year?

I didnt really blame Moyes tbh. Including Francisco Junior in central midfield on a cold Tuesday night away in Leeds for his first ever minutes of first team football was a little bit of a strange one, but the rest of the side was fairly strong. We should have played much better than we did. Yeah, tbh I'd jizz my little boxies if we won the carling cup- that's how desperate it got. In that sense I am frustrated. But now we can concentrate on challenging for Europe. The Europa League that is, as I'm not getting carried away with this top 4 nonsense. It wont happen.

I think you'll have a ressurgence and do OK. I think it will be fairly similar to last season with both teams finishing anywhere between 5th and 8th.

Has to be the AJ 3 0. Oh goodness me if I wasn't in a room with my family I would have wipped it out and started windmilling. What a moment.

Clattenburg derby, or the 3 0 away last season. Both terrible. The first for being so blatently fixed (there's a reason he was suspended for a year and isnt allowed to ref at Goodison again) and the second because we were just so horribly poor.

So looking ahead to the game itself, what side do you think David Moyes will select, and if different what side would you select if you were in his shoes?

The side I would select (if Gibson is fit):

Howard
Neville(Hibbert) Jagielka Heitinga Baines
Mirallas Osman Gibson(Neville) Oviedo
Fellaini
Jelavic

The side I think Moyes will pick (again if Gibson fit):

Howard
Hibbert(Neville) Jagielka Distin Baines
Coleman Gibson Osman Neville Mirallas
Fellaini
Jelavic

Suarez and Gerrard. Standard. But that Sterling guy if he plays would defo trouble whoever we play at right back whether it be Nev, Hibbo or Coleman.

Finally, Liverpool have a very good record in recent Derby matches. Taking that into account, and weighing it up against your good start and our indifferent start, how do you see the game going? Would you take a point if offered it now?

If I'm honest, I feel we should be beating you, especially at home. On the contrary, we are a little bit **** at derby's so I'll take a draw going into it.

I think you'll win though. I really do. *rapes cat in fury*

I like Moysies team you picked........ 12 v 11 would give us a chance.

Hi folks,

Our reaction to the Hillsborough panel findings was the same as yours, we're scousers. It was & always has been an issue for the City, not just LFC, so there's no need for any gratitude. As for the 'friendly derby' it's a shame that it's ended up being bile filled, a start in reversing that would be for both sets of fans to desist with any chants that cross the line from banter to bad taste.

Rodgers looks one dimensional to me, he doesn't appear to be capable of adapting his 'style' to take account of the players he has available & the whatever the opposition may throw at him, both from the start & during games. There's been a lot of talk about his 'system', how it needs to bed in & how results can take a back seat for a while until that happens. I think that's clap trap, all managers have a 'system' or a prefered way of playing & they're expected to implement it & get results with it. Rodgers is perpetuating the myth that his way of playing, is somehow different to the mainstream in terms of how it should be viewed. Football is a results business & managers are paid handsomely to deliver them, with the resources that they have at their disposal. i.e. they have to adapt what they have, to get the best out of it.

Would you take a point if offered it now?

No chance. we owe you more than one & after last seasons Goodison derby being decided by Atkinson's awful decision, I want 3 points from Sunday.

Hi folks,

Before we get to any 'on- pitch' matters, I'd firstly like to take this opportunity on behalf of the members of RAWK for the support and tributes that Everton showed regarding the Hillsborough Independent Panel's findings. Your club and it's supporters were magnificent.

With that being said, do you see the atmosphere at the derby changing at all in light of the recent events? I'm sure we'd all like to see the return of the 'Friendly Derby' and see an end to some of the pretty appalling chants sung by both sets of fans?

People only complain about other teams chants for petty tit for tat point scoring. Fans try and get one over each other on having a better morality than others these days, hence a load of new buzz words coming in like class and dignity. I have never ever been offended by a chant. I take them with a pinch of salt.

I have yet to see them play under him so I don't know.

Staying at home and getting signings in early.

Baines probably.

Jagielka maybe? I'm tempted to say Jelavic, but I wasn't expecting him to start great. I hope he doesn't have the Kevin Campbell syndrome.

I was disgusted by the Leeds match. We should have been going all out to try and win. Complete joke. Our fans are quick to make excuses as to why we haven't won anything recently but it's completely our own fault. You have to earn trophies. You have done, we haven't, that's the bottom line.

Early days yet.

Apart from obvious wins, stuff like the burning the red scarves and flags on the Gwladys Street spring to mind! Going on the kop and outsinging you lot all game, it's the whole buzz of the day. Just the general taking over the show, even when when we get beat we'd still take the piss and you'd see the reds with their heads down hiding. Takes me back to school days in the 70s, even when we lost all the reds would be quiet cos they know they'd been had off off the pitch.

None really. It's not my fault if we lose. I don't sulk. I've still had some great memorable days on the lash on derby days where we've been beat. That's the difference between now and then though. It's about the pitch for most fans now, turning and being quiet like a ****ingwhopper you see them on here with no pride making up excuses for not singing at the match or for not taking the piss. I have no sympathy for fans like that if we get beat. They need to get their balls out and stop play ****ty computer games and pretending to be a pundit.

So looking ahead to the game itself, what side do you think David Moyes will select, and if different what side would you select if you were in his shoes?

Injuries are a concern. We've got a good team, I don't think we've got a strong squad though

Cba worrying these days. I don't even know who all your players are.

[/B]

No I wouldn't take a point. Everton are due to give Liverpool a pounding I've been sensing it for a while, maybe it'll be on Sunday who knows.

Hi folks,

(1) Liverpool's start has been average but they seem to be picking up the point's just now, not got a problem with Rodgers and think he is the right man at the right time for Liverpool.

(2) Maybe a better pre-season, I honestly don't know.

(3) Jelavic, Baines, Felliani.

(4) Naismith but that's more because I thought he would have played more.

(5) Fighting with Newcastle to finish 6th.

(6) 3-0 in 2008.

(7) last season's semi-final.

(8)Howard, Coleman, Distan, Jags, Baines, Neville, Osman, Felliani, Gibson, Stevie P, Merillas, Jelavic.

(9) Stevie Starfish.

(10) 1-1.

Hi folks,

I don't think the atmosphere will be any different to what it's been in recent years.

I'm quite pleased at Liverpool's poor start. Rodgers doesn't seem very astute in the transfer market, as evidenced by selling Bellamy and Kuyt and loaning out Carroll then complaining at the lack of a goal threat in his team. Also, Allen & Borini for £26M seems pretty poor value for money. Allen seems a very nice lad but an average Prem player at best. Having said that he'll probably score for you lot on Sunday!

Fairly obviously, getting players in early rather than at the last minute. I believe the cancelling of the trip to Indonesia was probably a blessing in disguise too.

Baines & Fellaini.

The defence as a unit. We're too vulnerable to a "route one" attack. Neville has been pretty poor apart from the opening game too.

I agree. We should have made a real effort, it would only have meant an extra 4 - 5 matches.

I think Everton will finish in the top 6, Liverpool about mid table.

Any game we won.

Any game we lost, but the games at Wembley probably hurt most.

Hard to say without knowing the injury situation. Obviously missing Pienaar & Gibson will be a blow.

I'm always more worried abut the referee in derbies.

On form we should win, but that was true last season and look what happened then.

By the way, what do you think of the TV series "Being Liverpool"?

What have you made of Liverpool's start, and what do you feel about Brendan Rodgers and the style he is trying to implement at Anfield? i have to say i think rodgers' style at swansea was brilliant, but he hasn't been able to replicate this at liverpool, which i think is mainly down to some poor finishing up front. Do respect his policy of if a player is good enough, it doesnt matter how young he is. Sterling is clearly showing its paying off.

In the past few years, Everton have seemed to start their league campaign slowly, yet this year (from the outside looking in) you seem to have started pretty well. What do you think has been the major difference between this season and previous seasons? By selling Cahill, its almost as if other players have stepped up there game, rather than there being a reliance on his hard working never say die attitude. Our system has become more flexible now, with the input of creative players like miralles meaning we have a very versatile midfield (when everyone is fit)

Which of your players have been your best players this season? For me, its jagielka. From watching most of our games this season i have counted atleast eight clearances or last ditch blocks, that would have resulted in goals. Although its a team sport, i believe his heroics have earnt us point against qpr, newcastle, and united. Also a mention for Coleman, who although has not been outstanding, has definitely raised the quality in the team considerably in what is potentially our weakest position.

Anybody not performed as well as you'd have expected? unfortunately neville and osman have been pushed into a partnership in the centre which just doesn't work well. Not necessarily their fault for poor performances, but i havent seen enough of ossie's twinkle toe runs, and neville hasnt been his usual hard tackling self, which get the whole team going. (ronaldo and cashley cole come to ind in recent seasons)

Everton last won a trophy in 1995. With that in mind, how did you feel when David Moyes fielded a weakened side in the League Cup and the subsequent defeat to Leeds? Do you not think he could have treated the competition like Liverpool did last year? I would have loved to see everton do well in the cup this year, but i still felt the team put out against leeds should have had enough to win.

Looking further ahead of Sunday, how do you see both teams doing this season? I think in all honesty, liverpool will struggle until january, where they will add a striker, and then they have to ability to perform an evertonesque recovery, ending in probably just missing out of europe, while everton will look promising for a top four finish, and probably just fall short into europa.

What are your best memories of a Merseyside derby? Probably have to go for the dan gosling goal in the last minutes of extra time.

What about the worst memories you have? something which really riled me up was suarez last year getting rodwell sent off. he was in great form, and he never re captured this and failed to live up to expectations. It was clear the rodwell didnt actually foul suarez, and his rolling around as if he'd just had an enema was disgraceful. so that red card is my worst memory in recent years.

So looking ahead to the game itself, what side do you think David Moyes will select, and if different what side would you select if you were in his shoes? moyse will pick his team, and it will either result in me thinking it was a masterclass, or that he has no clue whatsoever. not really an in between. I fully expect him to play defensively, but surely if there is a time to hit liverpool, its got to be now.

Are there any Liverpool players you are worried about ahead of the game? i'm never sure what form of cheating suarez will adopt, from diving to biting a player, and this worries me in terms of refereeing decisions. The only player i'm actually worried about in your current team, in terms of playing us of the park, is gerrard. he's shown in the past that even when liverpool are poor he can still beat us 3-0 without much help.

Finally, Liverpool have a very good record in recent Derby matches. Taking that into account, and weighing it up against your good start and our indifferent start, how do you see the game going? Would you take a point if offered it now? There's not a game i'd go into taking a point from it. On their day Everton have the ability to beat some of the best teams in the world, as we have shown from consistently performing against teams like chelsea. But being a derby i fully expect the form book to go out of the the window, but i wont make a prediction, as it'll only haunt me.

Idiots will be idiots and we both have them, in spades, hopefully the atmosphere will be "friendly", but and honestly, try not to take this the wrong way, but if your players, namely Sewerz and stevie starfish start diving and cheating, then things could take a nasty turn, not in anyway saying its right, its not, but just my feelings.

Made up with the start Brenda has made, I think Brenda is a terrible Manager and hopefully he will continue to prove me right.

No idea, we are as shocked as anybody, Fellaini is making a big difference

Neville and Osman, LoL, I kid, I kid, Fellaini has been superb and Baines, is Baines.

Heitinga

I think he picked a side more than capable of beating Leeds, they got an early goal and we played like clowns, deserved win, they wanted it much, much more.

Think we will stay around 5th for most of the Season and probably finish 7th as normal, personally I think your looking at 8th again.

AJ 3-0, Carlsey 1-0

86, 89 Cup Final

I think we will play Howard, Hibbert, Baines, Distin, Jagielka, Mirallas, Neville, Osman, Oviedo, Fellaini, Jelavic, I would switch Fellaini for Neville and Mirallas for Fellaini and put Naismith Right Mid, he will work and work all day.

Gerrard, always frigging Gerrard

No I wouldnt take a point, HOW VERY DARE YOU, no idea how its gonna go, on paper and clearly im biased, we should spank you 5-0, but its the Derby and you clearly have the voodoo sign on us.
Goat why so many commas?

I don’t think you’ll ever stop fans trying to get one-upmanship on each other, it’s just the ferocity of the insults which has increased. Like i’ve said before compared to a lot of derbies around the world ours is still pretty friendly

Shocked at how poorly you are doing actually. I was surprised Rodgers got the job after only one averagely successful season in the premiership but on the other hand there is nothing wrong giving young managers an opportunity as long as the fans and board will give them time to establish themselves. You are not the force you once were and fans have to accept that.

Better players and a more attacking style have helped us really.

Baines, Pienaar and fellaini have been outstanding and Jags has been a rock at the back.

Johnny Heitinga, I expected him to cement a CB birth after winning player of the year. Phil Neville has declined to the point of embarrassment now too.

I wasn’t happy but the team out was still good enough to have beaten a struggling Leeds side. We have a small squad but with no Europe we should have our full strength side out every game.

I feel both teams will be in the 4[SUP]th[/SUP]-10[SUP]th[/SUP] bracket.

winning

Losing

Depends who is missing and unfit.

Sewer Rat and Gerrard young Sterling could cause problems.

On recent form yes but ultimately NO, I will never just settle for a point I don’t care who we are playing.

Both set of teams have bellends supporting them, nothing we can do about that, at least it nothing like between liverpool and man u.

What have you made of Liverpool's start, and what do you feel about Brendan Rodgers and the style he is trying to implement at Anfield? .
Dont see the fuss about Brendon Style, nothing new to be honest plus to much playing at the back for me and find it boring, Brendon comes across as Brent to me, full of himself, but like any manager, all they need is time.

Not to sure to be honest, we didnt fly all to america this time and plus the fact we have a real striker in Jelavic, since he came we have been flying.

Baines, Fellaini, plus Jags is also coming back to his best.

Neville has gone worse again, and Howard is making mistakes.

Everton last won a trophy in 1995. With that in mind, how did you feel when David Moyes fielded a weakened side in the League Cup and the subsequent defeat to Leeds? Do you not think he could have treated the competition like Liverpool did last year? The team Moyes put out should have been enough, plus the leeds players wanted it more then us, the pitch was dreadful as well.

Both fighting for 4th place.

Any Everton win

Gerrard cheating with his mate Clattenberg who gave a red to hibbert because Gerrard had a word with his mate, plus the fact his cheating cos us a win and it cost the fans money to watch their beloved team and you get cheats ruining the game 20 mins in.

Depending on who fit, fellaini is 50/50, pienaar is missing and Gibson is still out, and all 3 are usually in the first team, we have a small squad so it will be
Howard
Coleman......Jags....Distin......Baines
....................Neville........................
......Miralles...................Osman...........
....................Fellaini........................
..........Naysmith..........Jelavic.

Suarez because he a skilful player but alway worrying about him and gerrard cheating, when Suarez got Rodwell send off for nothing, Gerrard the same with Hibbert, plus Gerrard usually plays well and Sterling is a unknown quantity so hopefully our defence will sus him out quick.

No wouldnt take the point, we are due a win

Hi folks,

What have you made of Liverpool's start, and what do you feel about Brendan Rodgers and the style he is trying to implement at Anfield? Awful, honestly never liked Rodgers 'style' of football. Boring easy to defend against nonsense. As I have seen a decent finisher can change that perception but for me I think the style is very one dimensional and I struggle to see if he has a back up plane, especially after letting Carroll go on loan.

In the past few years, Everton have seemed to start their league campaign slowly, yet this year (from the outside looking in) you seem to have started pretty well. What do you think has been the major difference between this season and previous seasons? Decent signings and a win win first game, all we needed to do was put in a shift and the confidence would be there to carry onto future games. Previously a poor summer has continued with a defeat against a newly promoted side who we really should be beating and it just snowballs.

Which of your players have been your best players this season? Baines - Truly world class

Anybody not performed as well as you'd have expected? Neville - I never expect much but he has been truly awful.

The team was still good enough and had a good mix of experience and youth to beat that leeds side. I don't have a problem with the changes he made.

Looking further ahead of Sunday, how do you see both teams doing this season? Us top 7 at the very minimum - You lot, it is hard to tell but it doesn't look good if you contine to not finish off teams/get in front in games.

What are your best memories of a Merseyside derby? 3-0: On my birthday, best birthday present ever

What about the worst memories you have? Clattenburg derby, will never forget that game and what obviously went on.

So looking ahead to the game itself, what side do you think David Moyes will select, and if different what side would you select if you were in his shoes? Tough one with the injuries and suspensions, I reckon Naismith would come in for Pienaar. Unless Gibson is fit you can't see past that being the only change from QPR

Are there any Liverpool players you are worried about ahead of the game? Suarez in the penalty area and maybe Sterling.

Finally, Liverpool have a very good record in recent Derby matches. Taking that into account, and weighing it up against your good start and our indifferent start, how do you see the game going? Would you take a point if offered it now? Yes, I just want ot hear the final whistle and get o with the rest of the season.

Here you go

Hi folks,

Hopefully things will improve a bit. I don't think we'll ever get back to them days, personally, but on the other hand it's still the friendliest derby in the country in spite of anything else. No need to thank us for support re: Hillsborough. It's always been unconditional.

Have been thoroughly enjoying Liverpool's start. I think Rodgers is a charlatan and an egomaniac who think's he's the reincarnation of Shankly or something. Time will tell.
Right mix of new players and settled team. Better team, as well. Proper boss slotter in Jelavic.

Fellaini, Baines, Mirallas, Gibson, Jelavic.

Jags, Distin, Heitinga. Jags had an excellent game against QPR though.

We should have had enough to beat Leeds anyway and there aren't any excuses. Just (another :-/) one of them nights.

Both around the Europa places as usual.

Sharpy's goal at Anfield, the 4-4, the Andy Johnson 3-0 derby, Kev the Rat's pearoller. Carsley pile on. Super Dan Gosling. McManaman & Grobbelaar fighting.

Rush scored one... Crying as a kid in '86. Clattenburg, Poll & Atkinson's f*ckery. McAllister's goal. *shudders*

I'd look at how we dealt with Swansea last season. Rogers only seems to have a plan A. I think Moyes will shit himself as usual and set up too defensively.

Always have to worry about Gerrard, he only seems to turn up for these games nowadays so no doubt will do so this weekend. Suarez is likely to be up to his usual f*ckery and has the ability to make our defence do something daft as well.

We''ll probably lose and your season will start here. I reckon I'd probably take a point. Hurts me to say that but I don't trust Moyes in these games. We'll somehow contrive to balls it up or there'll be some sort of f*ckery from the referee/Gerrard/Suarez. I suppose you no longer having Sloth should be some comfort!

i would like to thank the original poster Steven and his chums over at rawk for the many hours of laughter that their forum has given me over the years.being liverpool is a work of art, pure comedy gold, but rawk blows it out the water.well done lads, i salute you.ps if anybody on rawk says brendan is a useless lump of cliche spouting lard who should be sacked, ban them! brendan must stay! don't let these splitters who refuse to tow the rawk party line drive the insane one out.we love him.

Status
Not open for further replies.