CONFIRMED: Moyes Leaving - All Reaction Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
some sense of toffee web forum
And if Man Utd appoint someone else does Moyes then sign a new contract ? Kevin Ratcliffe talking on radio said "Moyes thinks he has become bigger than EFC and the board should never allowed this situation to happen."
Why didn't they make him sign a one year extension in January , so if he does go the club would get some compensation .

Do you mean like the godfather. Kenwright could make him an offer he cant refuse whilst elstone holds a gun to his head.

As a publically traded company on the NYSE, United's share price will be significantly effected by whoever they employ as manager. That makes Mourinho a fair bit more likely than Moyes, for obvious reasons.

The trouble is now that Moyes knows the contract details/buyouts of our players. I know Fellaini's has already been touted about in the press but does Baines also have one that may be triggered.

As a publically traded company on the NYSE, United's share price will be significantly effected by whoever they employ as manager. That makes Mourinho a fair bit more likely than Moyes, for obvious reasons.

Mate, it is going to be David Moyes as the next manger. It is literally as good as confirmed everywhere. Don't do it to yourself

What has it got to do with the last of the summer wine? Compensation for a manager like DM if he had signed his improved offered deal in January would be better than nothing if we do lose him to a club like Man U - it another typical BK cock up imo!

Absolutely. A man deemed good enough for united, and we are about to lose him for free!

Its a cringeworthy phrase but it is as true now as it ever was, David Moyes in not bigger than Everton Football Club. I have said all through this sorry saga that he was going, I could see it a mile off via his body language and mannerisms. Little nuances that hadn't been apparent before. I have little doubt that Moyes knew of Fergusons retirement a while ago and would even go as far as implying that a gentleman's agreement had been struck over a quiet whiskey or two in at Fergusons Cheshire pile.

I wish him good luck but if he seriously believes that he will not have Ferguson looking over his shoulder 24/7 then he is kidding himself. Maybe though that is the plan for them in that Ferguson stays on as a guiding hand to usher Moyes through some harsh initial moments in what is undoubtedly one of the toughest jobs in world football. Everton Football Club will survive, it might get very dark for a period or something magical might happen who knows ?

Strap yourself in as you might, just might get that free flowing attacking football some of us crave

Possibly, but while investors do look for short term success, they also look for long term stability, and Mourinho is hardly renowned for his loyalty.

I think organic is the worst word to be honest. In terms of football philosophies and proven ability they're at opposite ends of the scale, Moyes and SAF. And how can there be a long term with a global excess-of-success fanbase like theirs? 99% of them will scream "Moyes out" if he doesn't deliver immediately, in my opinion.

The thing I never understood about the whole "Moyes does well with little money, so imagine what he will do with lots of money" line of thinking is that it's a completely different thing. Moyes' had a few expensive buys here and only Fellaini will go down as a good one, but to be fair I accept that's perhaps a debatable topic -- after all he was supposed to want Hazard, Moutinho and Dzeko years ago, who'd surely have been seen as good signings.

It's speculative, at the end of the day. It seems a gamble for them, and that in itself if why I think it's so crazy. They could have plenty of managers who are more attuned and accustomed to experiencing and delivering the success they'll demand.
Possibly so, but the philosophy of the club isn't to chuck the money about. It's been about nurturing young talent on the pitch and solidity off it (in theory).

We sit on different sides of the fence on this one I think. Yes, it's a bit left field but I can see the sense in it. He's well thought of by SAF himself and his United career would be overseen by Ferguson. If you give him some of the best players in the league, a budget in which he can further put how stamp on things, I think you'd be looking at a different man. Even if he wanted to, long ball tactics wouldn't be tolerated by them.

If I'm honest, my choice would have been Klopp though.

Its a cringeworthy phrase but it is as true now as it ever was, David Moyes in not bigger than Everton Football Club. I have said all through this sorry saga that he was going, I could see it a mile off via his body language and mannerisms. Little nuances that hadn't been apparent before. I have little doubt that Moyes knew of Fergusons retirement a while ago and would even go as far as implying that a gentleman's agreement had been struck over a quiet whiskey or two in at Fergusons Cheshire pile.

I wish him good luck but if he seriously believes that he will not have Ferguson looking over his shoulder 24/7 then he is kidding himself. Maybe though that is the plan for them in that Ferguson stays on as a guiding hand to usher Moyes through some harsh initial moments in what is undoubtedly one of the toughest jobs in world football. Everton Football Club will survive, it might get very dark for a period or something magical might happen who knows ?

Strap yourself in as you might, just might get that free flowing attacking football some of us crave

I thought you said Moyes defo wasn't going to United.

Status
Not open for further replies.