Chris Long joins MK Dons on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wanted to leave school in year 9 because he knew he would be a footballer. Messed up his GCSE's. Wrong attitude so I hope thats changed

Good player though!

Two games in a few days...vs Shrewsbury(bad memories of this club!) on Sat and then the cup replay vs Wigan on the Tuesday. Maybe the cup game will be televised.

Its amazing how much more interest there seems to be with the up and coming players. Theres a sense of excitement that if a player shows potential it will be nurtured and we will start to see our squad filling out from inside the club. I can't wait to see who will be next to make the step up, and like most fans feel it would be amazing if it was a striker.

Did have an attitude problem on the pitch when he came in to the U18s, lots of snidey tackles. Ref had to tell him to leave the pitch and calm down once.

Thrives on balls over the shoulder, cool finisher with great movement.

Isn't the biggest or strongest so MKDons need to play to his strengths.

When I first heard of a club named MK Dons I thought it sounded awfully continental. Sounds like it could be from France or something, with the MK being an abbreviation for some made-up French word.

The name Milton Keynes Dons FC, though, I don't think that can get any more English.

I'd rather we gave him a chance now than Jelamiss.

Yeah I'd go with that. Its amazing what the jump to the first team and your first goal can do to a players confidence and then development.

If you are coming into an attacking team thats having a good season, and being brought on once a game is sealed I could only see positive things coming from introducing him. Hopefully he nets plenty for MKD and gets his chance when he comes back. Hope is ahead of him though having scored on his debut!

IMO very good move by the football club.
The Dons set up in the same formation as Everton, play passing possession based football built from the back, and more importantly rely on the one striker up front.
Since the departure of Patrick Bamford, who played nearly every minute of every game this season, the other striking options at the club are extremely restricted, so Long will be getting a lot of game time I believe
Seems like a sensible transition to build him up for not only first first team football, but to do so in a way similar to what he can expect back at Everton.

Yeah I'd go with that. Its amazing what the jump to the first team and your first goal can do to a players confidence and then development.

If you are coming into an attacking team thats having a good season, and being brought on once a game is sealed I could only see positive things coming from introducing him. Hopefully he nets plenty for MKD and gets his chance when he comes back. Hope is ahead of him though having scored on his debut!

Coming up to 19. Plenty old enough to give a run out to.

If you have real strong forward options then you can understand a loan. However, I cant see why he isn't given a chance for the last 30 of a game with us. What's to lose? Could save a few quid.

Coming up to 19. Plenty old enough to give a run out to.

If you have real strong forward options then you can understand a loan. However, I cant see why he isn't given a chance for the last 30 of a game with us. What's to lose? Could save a few quid.

Yeah..I dunno...I'd have to defer to the default "Bobby knows best" on this one and just assume he doesn't see it as the right moment to bring him into the squad/first team.

Lets see, Like I said it's exciting waiting to see who will be next to make the step up.

Status
Not open for further replies.