CHARITY SHIELD HIGHLIGHTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

alpha1

Player Valuation: £8m
im hoping some of you guys can help me - is there somewhere online or in a shop where i could get dvd highlights from our charity shield exploits?
i have done my best looking on everton websites and even emailed the club (no response!) asking if there is a dvd with all these on but got nowhere.
i think it would be good to celebrate winning these trophies, as we did quite a lot in the 80s and once in the 90s but there isnt even highlights of these on evertontv!
with our lack of other trophies maybe a dvd of charity shield successes would be a good way to cheer us up!
thanks a lot - no smartarse comments please either ;)

Dont know anywhere to be honest mate, Sky showed the last one in 95. ITV had it i think before then im sure they have archeive footage, maybe a place to start.

Heres some footage of the 84/85 one, Grobbleaar you beut:

[video=youtube;Yi_Ukrk7U-U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yi_Ukrk7U-U[/video]

Last edited:
cheers for that fella!!! good memories lol.
i just find it weird that all the other trophies are highlighted for clubs but not this one. if it means so little why do teams even play for it?? personally i have a soft spot for the charity shield match, just because it means the new season is upon us and you get to see new players etc (unless youre an evertonian obviously!)
with so few things to cheer at goodison lately i think a dvd containing all our charity shield wins would be a good sell

haha, i remember watching it live (last trophy we have won i believe) and it wasnt pretty! he was on the left of the penalty area trying to cross the ball when he was challenged and the ball kind of looped up over their keeper - he will probably claim he meant the lob but theres no way!!!
still, it would be nice to see all our victories on a dvd including the wins over man utd and coventry (never seen the goals)

Status
Not open for further replies.