Channel 4: How To Buy A Football Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigmaclad

No mate
This is on Channel 4 at the moment, worth a watch. Just to say I am glad that this kind of thing hasn't happened to our club. Full of corrupt owners, purchasing clubs using all sorts of illegal ways and leading them to bankruptcy, even owning more than one club.

I know many people are wanting Kenwright out currently, but be careful what you wish for. We could end up being bought on cheap, and lead to bankruptcy after owners claims of money being pumped in, look at Birmingham for example. Their owner is in court on match fixing charges, after he promised spending £40million. Now they are selling all their players and replacing them with frees.

I am glad that we have Kenwright, even after his mistakes, instead of one of those dodgy foreign owners.

Stay away from dodgy Asians, south Americans, and Icelanders.....

Other than that....where's the problem?

Apparently kenwright has 3 agencies trying to find investment...I guess everyone in the world is dodgy as fook.

nearly all premier league clubs are owned by dodgy investors using off shore accounts...what's that say?

I was sure that guy was gona say "Everton" when they finally got the name of the club they were going to buy! I was like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Good program though, eye opener anyway.

Apparently kenwright has 3 agencies trying to find investment...I guess everyone in the world is dodgy as fook.

nearly all premier league clubs are owned by dodgy investors using off shore accounts...what's that say?

No mate, they're all corrupt. Only Everton is pure. No chairman who creates a phony takeover or stops a century old tradition of AGM's or sues it's own fans or sells all the clubs tangible assets or is looking for a massive pay off on their *investment*. Clean as a whistle.

What did they say, 5 out of 20 prem clubs are not owned by foreign owners? Thats crazy.
The CC is even worse...

No mate, they're all corrupt. Only Everton is pure. No chairman who creates a phony takeover or stops a century old tradition of AGM's or sues it's own fans or sells all the clubs tangible assets or is looking for a massive pay off on their *investment*. Clean as a whistle.

And those financial fair play rules will stop all this toxic corruption....

Well win the league in 4 years, nailed on due to our purity.

It will all level out.

And those financial fair play rules will stop all this toxic corruption....

Well win the league in 4 years, nailed on due to our purity.

It will all level out.

You know that bit in [insert sci fi movie here], where the [insert random factor to be measured here] reader goes nuts...?

Kenwright knows he is hated by a section of our fans , can you imagine if he sold us to one of these charlatans ,

He has to get it right , our club is in his hands he knows this the pressure must be massive to get it right .

I have a feeling the Green holding will be based in his wife's name in Monaco or wherever it is he avoids tax. So I will be surprised if we are one of the 5 prem sides who's ownership is based in Britain. (Guessing at the 5, Wigan, Bolton, Norwich, West Brom, Newcastle)

Status
Not open for further replies.