Carling Cup Round 4 Draw: Today @ 12:15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Play the kids - not worth it, especially if we are going to take the Europa seriously.

Oh come on. It only takes five more games to win this thing. It's our best chance of silverware and gives us a backdoor into europe.

Yes Spurs away is a tough game but we should at least go for it.

As for the Europa, we can afford to lose a game there and still go through, we can't do the same in the domestic cups.

Oh come on. It only takes five more games to win this thing. It's our best chance of silverware and gives us a backdoor into europe.

Yes Spurs away is a tough game but we should at least go for it.

As for the Europa, we can afford to lose a game there and still go through, we can't do the same in the domestic cups.

Oh my. Do you have an off button? Jog the **** on.

You know me mate, not going to respect an opinion who diminishes our chances in competitions.

But I will retract.

You will on here mate - opinions - especially as valid as his, are respected.

And besides, he didn't diminish our chances, he said we should go and win the thing...

Agreed. Sick of closing active threads.

I'm looking at you Goat Man.

As mentioned, bad draw for us on many levels. Another midweek away and against Spurs - who have form in the competition.

Not sure it's a bad draw. It's a competition I don't care too much about, but as we are in it - Spurs are going to play a weakened side, and maybe we may see some younger folk play.

Im terrible at going off topic, its cos I use the new post button and I dont even know which forum im in and just go off on 1, soz bossman.

Yeah Spurs, crap draw, wobbly head out.

And besides, he didn't diminish our chances, he said we should go and win the thing...

I think he's saying that I'm diminishing our chances to win the FA cup and the Europa by saying that the League cup is our best chance of silverware, though.

Which is a fair enough comment, really. I do think we're good enough to have a shot in all the cups. I just meant that theres less matches in the Carling Cup so its the easiest trophy to win in that respect.

In any case, I dislike the idea of playing a reserve team just because we have a tough fixture. It comes back to "Nil Satis Nisi Optimum" to me. We're in this cup and we have a shot of winning it. So I want to see Moyes give it a real go.

Status
Not open for further replies.