Carling Cup Round 4 Draw: Today @ 12:15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he's saying that I'm diminishing our chances to win the FA cup and the Europa by saying that the League cup is our best chance of silverware, though.

In theory, it is. It would be hard to disagree - but obviously the luck of the draw is the decisive factor.

Why shouldn't we ba able to get a result at Spurs? It's not like we lost there for the last three years. Don't really rate the Carling Cup myself, but as long as we're in it, why not try to win it? Shortest way to Europe, something where Everton needs to be season after season.

Why shouldn't we ba able to get a result at Spurs? It's not like we lost there for the last three years. Don't really rate the Carling Cup myself, but as long as we're in it, why not try to win it? Shortest way to Europe, something where Everton needs to be season after season.

Not a bad drew for us, we have to beat good team in order to win the Carling Cup, plus either Arsenal or RS would be leaving the competition and who knows Bolton might spring a surprise?

Its not fair, why do we have toplay the good teams.

I wanna win the league cup by beating Sunday league sides allowed in just to play us.

We play whoever we play and if we are good enough to win it we are good enough to beat those teams. And we have to play the better teams at some point.

I've said it for years now. The Carling Cup should have a rule where you have to field 7 under 20s if your a Premier League club.

That way you get experience to the academy players
Give other clubs a chance
And save your top players for the League and Europe.

Of course winning this trophy should not be entry into the Europa League though.

I've said it for years now. The Carling Cup should have a rule where you have to field 7 under 20s if your a Premier League club.

That way you get experience to the academy players
Give other clubs a chance
And save your top players for the League and Europe.

Of course winning this trophy should not be entry into the Europa League though.

The Carling Cup is a worthy enough competition to win and is the quickest route into Europe. The Europa League is a long winding tournament to win and although we have the capabilities to do very well in it, the League Cup offers a less draining opportunity to win silverware, something our great club needs badly. I am sure Moyes will want his side to go out and attempt to win each and every match and respect each and every trophy, just like most blues who dont rate the Carling Cup that will be singing from a different hymn sheet should we reach Wembley.

Moyes is in it to win it. He wants to win every game so I don't expect us to field a weaker side in the Carling Cup. There may be a little rotation with the lineup but he's not going to field a weak side (all Hibbert jokes aside)

Especially against Spurs - you know Moyes wants to bounce them out of anything - even a line at Pizza Hut!!!

Dunno

Spurs are still suspect at the back for me, I can see us scoring again them. We've done ok at Whitehart Lane in recent years so while is wasnt an ideal draw I wouldnt write the league cup off.

As it has been in the last couple of seasons this is spurs most realistic way into europe, so I expect the 'the ugly one' to field his best side.

Hopefully :-

a - We will win in the europa league on thursday putting us in a strong position in that cup and giving us the luxury of only really needing a draw at the stadium of light (the real one) the week before the spurs game.

b - Robbie keane will break both his legs in training next week.

c- The media will continue to build spurs up and up and up, so we will send them crashing back to reality just like we did to the sh*te in last years F.A cup. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.