Can we win our group?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off course we can,what's to fear,think others might fear us, more than us fear them,these are just 3 teams on the road to the final,we need to beat who ever it is infront of us

This is a seriously difficult group. Wolfsburg have players the calibre of De Bruyne, Perisic, Hunt, Guilavogi, Malanda, Olic and Gustavo as well as Bendtner(!) and were very keen on Lukaku so will undoubtedly know his game.

Lille have plenty of European experience and can count on Kalou, Mavuba, Kjaer, Martin and Origi who you just know will make a telling contribution with his allegiance to the dark side.

Krasnador are an unknown quantity but an away trip to Russia is going to be testing particularly when sandwiched between two of our biggest fixtures domestically.

Think we need to put out strong sides every game and hope to somehow get 10/12 points from the first 4 matches so we can then hopefully rest players.

Would take 2nd place right now.

I firmly believe that we can win our group in the europa league
(Home wins against lille + krasnodor, draw against wolfsburg
Away win against krasnodor, draw against either lille or wolfsburg and maybe a loss)
With 11 points I don't see how we'd be beaten to top spot.
Genuinely believe us and the yids could make the semi's at the very least
Eto'o's experience will be paying off dividends now! !!

Mate before you start talking about winning the group, should have a think about who will be in our goal. If Robles is in goal then forget it. Also will RM puts out a weakened team (if so then forget it).

Mate before you start talking about winning the group, should have a think about who will be in our goal. If Robles is in goal then forget it. Also will RM puts out a weakened team (if so then forget it).
Only speculating, but I can't imagine Robles starting Europe. Domestic cups only for Joel I think.
EL is too big.

If we get out of the group it will give us a much bigger reputation in Europe, especially after the comments from other teams wanting to avoid us.

Well with that group, i don`t think we will be playing the kids very often

I don't think he will play joel in goal, I think he will see it as a step to the C/L.....Don't forget his first press conference was BK telling everyone that he stated he would get us back in the C/L so he's not going to throw that chance away.....nuff said! !!!!

Really hope we take this competition seriously and give it everything we've got. Martinez has never managed in Europe so it's a good test of his skills.

We're definitely capable of doing really well, at the same time I wouldn't be surprised if we struggled a bit through a combination of not having a full strength team and coming up against other good sides.

I hope we can.

It's all well and good saying sides may under estimate us, but Wolfsburg are a fantastic side imho, they'll cause us an extreme problem at Goodison imho. Lille are also a very good team too, but their fans seem somewhat pessimistic, so maybe they know something we don't? But they're set up fantastically at the back.

I'd say 12 is going to be our magic number to go through, if we win all three home games, and a valuable away win, Lille or Krasnodar?

It's going to be hard. We can do it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.