Can we win our group?

Status
Not open for further replies.

elf

Player Valuation: £750k
I firmly believe that we can win our group in the europa league
(Home wins against lille + krasnodor, draw against wolfsburg
Away win against krasnodor, draw against either lille or wolfsburg and maybe a loss)
With 11 points I don't see how we'd be beaten to top spot.
Genuinely believe us and the yids could make the semi's at the very least
Eto'o's experience will be paying off dividends now! !!

Can't see wolfsburg qualifying tbh
We were the team from pot 3 that nobody wanted
Judging from the comments from directors and players of other teams in the comp, we were the ones nobody wanted to draw, or were excited to play as the big boys.

As for winning the group, if we play to our capabilities i think we'll walk it through

Andy_Gray-Everton_1811133i.jpg

Should win the group, just getting the balance right of Thursday/Sunday games. I wouldn't take the 1st team to Russia though, not when it is sandwiched between 2 important away fixtures in the league. 12-15 points from the games will see us through.

Doesn't matter really... As long as we finish at least second I can see us going all the way and winning it. We have a continental manager in charge, why not? We have te team, deffo.

Krasnador away has to be a 2nd string side, the derby and Utd game are both too valuable not just for wins over them but 3 points against not just top 4 rivals but top 6 rivals aswell, last thing we want is to burn out and finish 7th and have no European football next season.

At home we can do all 3 of those sides, also the other 2 will struggle away to Krasnador so possible points dropped there wouldn't be a disaster

Can? Yes, absolutely. Will? Not so much. Will take us a few games to get into stride and that Russian trip will be a real test, but I think we can nab 2nd with a level of comfort.

True, but Wolfsberg and Lille also have to make the trip

There is absolutely no reason why we can't win the group and I've no doubt that Bobby will be telling them that they SHOULD be winning it as well

Status
Not open for further replies.