Bradley Lowery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where there is life, there is hope.

My thoughts with Bradley and his parents, family and friends.

It must be awful for his parents in particular.

Life is very unfair.

terrible news, just terrible. really hoping for a miracle, or at least a Goodison appearance. seems more than a few moments of silence lately, really hope he gets to enjoy a thunderous welcome from the Goodison faithful, let him know we're in his corner.

The family have updated with their decision:

"Wow what can I say??? I am so grateful for the amount of support we have received I have no words to how much it means to me and my family thank you so much.

We have made a decision.... as a family we have decided to see if the consultant will give Bradley the oral chemo to tide him over till after xmas. Once we have made lots of memories and had an amazing xmas we are going to give the antibody/chemo combination a go for at least one round. If the toxicity is to bad we will stop it. This is not going to cure Bradley but there is a chance it could give him longer than the two months they expecting for him and in my eyes anything is worth a go I can't just give up as I would always be thinking what if???

I will need to pay for the medication out of the funds we have got but it is no where near as expensive as if I was taking him to America. I will be forever grateful to Bradley's consultant and the RVI team for what they have done for Bradley so far and what they are continuing to do for him I do not have one bad word to say about the amazing care and support we have received from everyone there.

The money that will be left over is going to be "The Bradley Lowery foundation" charity and it will be used to help other children that need to fundraise for treatment or equipment. If you have did an event and not yet handed the money over can you please let the person who you give it to know if you want it to go to the foundation or to Bradley to help him make memories. All money that is put through the virgin page will automatically be put to the foundation trust fund.

I will keep everyone updated on the rest of Bradley's journey so use can all enjoy seeing him live the rest of his life. Today we are struggling to get the right balance between his pain medication as it is making him very sleepy, so the next couple of days we will be trying to get this sorted. #bradleysfight #myhero

The family have updated with their decision:

"Wow what can I say??? I am so grateful for the amount of support we have received I have no words to how much it means to me and my family thank you so much.

We have made a decision.... as a family we have decided to see if the consultant will give Bradley the oral chemo to tide him over till after xmas. Once we have made lots of memories and had an amazing xmas we are going to give the antibody/chemo combination a go for at least one round. If the toxicity is to bad we will stop it. This is not going to cure Bradley but there is a chance it could give him longer than the two months they expecting for him and in my eyes anything is worth a go I can't just give up as I would always be thinking what if???

I will need to pay for the medication out of the funds we have got but it is no where near as expensive as if I was taking him to America. I will be forever grateful to Bradley's consultant and the RVI team for what they have done for Bradley so far and what they are continuing to do for him I do not have one bad word to say about the amazing care and support we have received from everyone there.

The money that will be left over is going to be "The Bradley Lowery foundation" charity and it will be used to help other children that need to fundraise for treatment or equipment. If you have did an event and not yet handed the money over can you please let the person who you give it to know if you want it to go to the foundation or to Bradley to help him make memories. All money that is put through the virgin page will automatically be put to the foundation trust fund.

I will keep everyone updated on the rest of Bradley's journey so use can all enjoy seeing him live the rest of his life. Today we are struggling to get the right balance between his pain medication as it is making him very sleepy, so the next couple of days we will be trying to get this sorted. #bradleysfight #myhero
Tough tough times for the family, I guess it goes without saying mate pass on our heartfelt good wishes from fellow football fans who just happen to wear a different colour but feel their pain.

Horrible awful decision to have to make. SO so wrong that the treatment for such a young brave fighter should have to be payed for

Status
Not open for further replies.