Bradley Lowery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Proper ruined my day reading upon this, life is terrible some times.

Did he have the treatment after the money was raised and it just wasn't successful?

Proper ruined my day reading upon this, life is terrible some times.

Did he have the treatment after the money was raised and it just wasn't successful?

He didn't ever get to the USA for treatment, this is how his Mam explained it on his page:-

'Bradley needs to have the least amount of visible cancer before going to the USA, otherwise it will cost for further chemo/radiotherapy out there, something he has been receiving here in the NHS. Bradleys body needs to be strong enough to get the treatment in the USA otherwise its wasted'

That was posted before they got the devastating news that his diagnosis is now terminal, so he obviously won't be going to the USA now.

As for the money raised this is what is happening with it:-

'We have made a decision.... as a family we have decided to see if the consultant will give Bradley the oral chemo to tide him over till after xmas. Once we have made lots of memories and had an amazing xmas we are going to give the antibody/chemo combination a go for at least one round. If the toxicity is to bad we will stop it. This is not going to cure Bradley but there is a chance it could give him longer than the two months they expecting for him and in my eyes anything is worth a go I can't just give up as I would always be thinking what if??? I will need to pay for the medication out of the funds we have got but it is no where near as expensive as if I was taking him to America. The money that will be left over is going to be "The Bradley Lowery foundation" charity and it will be used to help other children that need to fund raise for treatment or equipment'

Bradleys Facebook page is here if you want to follow his journey

https://www.facebook.com/BradleyLowerysFightAgainstNeuroblastoma/

Its also just been announced that he is going to be mascot again next Wednesday night when we play Chelsea :)

Going to guess this is going to Watford tomorrow. If so, hope the camera's pick it up and the little lad gets a bit more attention.

CzQe_GUXAAAOY0D.jpg

Me and my wife don't do Christmas cards, we tell people not to send them to us. yesterday we came into the house with a Christmas card each and looked at each other.

Both for Bradley, we live local and mine is through to Everton connection from here and my wife's is due to her working for a regional council.

I think he will get a few cards. hopefully some happiness in his darkest hour.

Send a card, it's not hard.

Very moved following this thread. As a Dad it's heartbreaking but inspiring to read of a real wee fighter. Well done Blues. Well done Sunderland. It's only a game of football lads, never lose sight of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.