big game Tuesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mawders

Player Valuation: £35m
With spuds spawning a last minute winner, the game against the barcode might define our run in. Win it, and we are in great shape for 5th. Lose it, and pressure is on.

To be fair I thought Spurs looked far more convincing today than we did yesterday, both of us have difficult games coming up and Utd aren't out of it yet despite what some people think.

I think its going right down to the wire for 5/6/7 this season.

Why worry about spurs, we have 2 games in hand on them and only 2 points behind. If we can somehow solve our away day curse by taking 6 points in the next 7 days we go into the Arsenal game with one last genuine opportunity to fight for 4th. Whiles thats still possible thats were my thoughts lie, no matter how unlikley

As long as we are in Europa,i am happy,think this is a big week for us [as the next month or so is],just because if we win our 2 games and results can go our way,we could be 4 above spurs with game in hand and 6 above man utd with game in hand come sunday night,big ask for everything to go our way like

Wouldn't it be fantastic if once,just the once,we grasped the nettle,went on a fantastic run from now to the end of the season,whilst Arsenal et al spectacularly capitulate,you know the kind of scenario that always seems to fall for the RS,once,just once,imagine it!"CHAMPIONS LEAGUE,WE'RE HAVING A LAUGH"!!!Won't happen will it?,never bloody does for us!!

Reactions: Jxg

Groucho is right that really all 9 remaining games are big ones. We need 8 or 9 wins from them really.

I think this one is particularly telling, though, cos it's our hardest remaining away game and given how terrible our away from has been of late, it's a game we are perfectly capable of losing. A win at St James will be a real show of intention. We do it and we can start believing.

We have been playing well enough away from home, just not getting the results our play merited....Anfield excepted.

Last two away, at Spurs and Chelsea, should have earned us two points at least.

In actual fact we played better in those two games in defeat than we played in the last two home games which we won.

Status
Not open for further replies.