Best Team in the World in 86/87?

Status
Not open for further replies.
85/86 was the best team that never won anything. How the hell we didn't win the league was unreal.
the dobson king rioch thomas mckenzie latchford team ,was by far the best footballing team not to win the leauge , change big woody for big nev and we would of won it ,that was a pleasure to watch that team pure football

The 84-85 side played pure football,the best Everton side I've ever seen,the season after with Lineker we were stlll good to watch but adapted our style to suit his strengths,however I feel the greatest triumph was 86-87,to win the league having encountered the number of injuries we had that year was remarkable IMHO.

Agreed - and in no small part that was thanks to Paul Power, who pretty much played everywhere!

seriously, is there a team more hard done by than us in terms of pure bad luck in this sense?
win the league - world war one
win the league - world war two
win the league - banned from europe

So jealous of all of you who were lucky enough to watch us be boss.

To be fair, there's been a few performances at the start of this season which have been the best any Evertonian has seen since that era. We've played some truly beautiful football at times.

It's just the whole "winning stuff" that's the problem ^^

It's just the whole "winning stuff" that's the problem ^^

As i've said before (and it's my overall stance)...

We're never gonna win the league without kajillions but wouldn't you just like to see us win the F.A Cup or something ffs? I'd love to see us put a bit of f*cking effort into trying to win the thing (or the League Cup), it's not like our league form will take a tumble.

We'll never be flirting with the idea of relegation with Moyes at the helm as stability is one of his (only, for me) key factors here, so why not detriment a few bloody places in the league in order to put effort into a cup?

We're quick to point to our history in defence of Everton and yet so avert in admitting that we're doing nothing to add to it...the Leeds defeat being the latest in shambolic performances in a cup we should be going full throttle for.

Don't take no tycoons millions to win a cup, just a bit of effort and the desire to add to your clubs already impressive honours list.

seriously, is there a team more hard done by than us in terms of pure bad luck in this sense?

Crap, maybe we should just give up now, I really don't want to see us cause world war III :p

Torino were pretty hard done by in 1949.

Status
Not open for further replies.