Best away atmosphere you've ever been to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anfield derby in 95 when Kanchelskis scored 2

Leicester in 97 when Speed scored a last min pen. If we didn't win it would of been over a year since we won away.

Boro away on 06 a few days after Labone died. McFadden scored a last min winner and as soon as the mad celebrations died down about 4000 Everton fans spontaneously started singing the great mans name.

Boro away in the LC qf the other year.

Leeds 2002 wwn Rooney scored to give us our first league win there in 40 years.

Leicester away when Duncan got sent off of throttling Fruend. Overshadowed by the death of a Blue killed by an object that fell off the stadium in the high winds.

two recent ones for me.
That quarter final against Sunderland, never witnessed an away end like it. (jela jela vic jela vic....)

personal highlight was WBA a few years ago when anichebe scored on new years day on what must have been the third minute of stoppage time, i ended up about 4 Rows in front of me

Dont know how true it was but at the time the support was supposed to be the largest away backing seen at OT,we got a load of tickets for free off a tout for the Stretford end a few managed to get in and the rest were rounded up and made to go in the scoreboard,the league cup game was madness before and after

Got a mate who is a united fan. He has always said the Everton support in 83 and 85 cup games is by far the best away support he has ever seen at Old trafford both in numbers and volume.

Arsenal 1 - 2 Everton at Highbury in January '96 with Kanchelskis getting a last minute winner in front of us. As a 7 year old London blue, I learnt more scouse and swear words that day from the two gentlemen in front of us than ever before or since! Then when Kanchelskis scored the winner at the end in front of us they picked me up and threw me in the air to celebrate. Great times.

Wimbledon 2 - 3 Everton also in January '96 - John Ebbrell first minute goal, two from Duncan and 3-0 up at half time. Wild scenes and then the fog descended on Selhurst Park so badly you couldn't see the other side of the pitch, Wimbledon got two back and an incredibly tense second half. Also memorable for the first time I swore in front of my father as thousands of Evertonians all sang s***ty ground for most of the second half.

Arsenal 2 - 2 Everton in January '10. The coldest match I've ever been to as the snow tumbled down. The scenes after Pienaar's beautiful chip only for a jammy deflected injury time equaliser....

Chelsea 1 - 1 Everton (3-4 after penalties) in February '11 - Baines' free kick. Heitinga's shove. Phil's penalty. Right behind the goal for it all. Longest I've ever stayed after a match - at least ten minutes of unbridled joy.

Swansea 1 - 2 Everton in December '13. I landed back at Heathrow at 5am from a two week trip to Taiwan, during which I'd been dumped. Went home, showered, got the train from Paddington, got on the beers and witnessed Coleman's rocket and Barkley's beautiful free kick to bedlam in the away end.

Chelsea 3 - 3 Everton in January '16. That Funes goal. My girlfriend still insists I shoved her out of the way to run down into the mosh pit with the players. Peak Martinez with that bloody Terry equaliser too.

Beating Bolton away in the second leg of the league cup semi at Burnden Park 1977 was boss. Sam Allardyce was playing for Bolton the big yard dog!!! So was Peter Reid!!!!
Best ever is hard to say....
League cup final replay in 1977 at Hillsborough was especially noisy when we got the corner from which we got a last minute equaliser...
League cup semi second leg at Villa Park in 1984 took some beating.....lost on the night 1-0 but led 2-0 from the first league. Brilliant, brilliant vocal support.
Stoke FA cup 3rd round 1984....."There's your team talk" said Kendall as he opened the changing room windows so players could hear the fans. We were playing terribly at the time but the fans just decided to back them despite everything and it really worked. A young but inconsistent team started to believe in itself a bit........early step towards greatness started at the Victoria ground Stoke!!!

Got a mate who is a united fan. He has always said the Everton support in 83 and 85 cup games is by far the best away support he has ever seen at Old trafford both in numbers and volume.

A mate of mine who used to follow Leeds in the 1970s said that there were 2 teams with great away support, United and us.

Wednesday away 1970 - "Champions, champions" was special. Leeds away that season was great.

Coventry away in the 1970s were good.

Loudest I have heard us was at Old Trafford 1971 SF against lfc - "Shankly, Shankly what's our name, Shankly what's our name" only spoilt by the result.

Spurs 84-85 was tremendous even though I was in the home end.

Last edited:
Leicester 97/98 speed last minute pen winner. Coming out that ground singing jingle bells was boss

Newcastle 98/99 3-1 Campbell & gemmill

Liverpool 99/00 Campbell

Man Utd 13/14 Oviedo

Nuremberg 07/08

Bristol City 98/99 bakayoko 2 last minute goals resulted in a pitch invasion & me getting close lined by a steward . And motson in motd moaning at us for gettibgbin

Blackburn 98/99 bakayoko again on a Wednesday night in a 2-1 win

Leeds 02/03 Rooney

West Ham LC QF yakubu last minute

Status
Not open for further replies.