Best away atmosphere you've ever been to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone go the New year Bolton one that was stopped at half time due to the snow, remember the open end full of the blues doing the pogo to try and keep warm, took 6 hours to get home, great memories

An orange ball, a near-death experience ( due to hypothermia) & cheering like mad when Bolton's midfield general got stretchered off.

Reidy, forgive us for we knew not what the future would bring.

When Latchford scored against West Ham at Elland Road in the FA Cup, was at the top of their Kop and travelled down about 40 flights of stairs towards the railings were Latchford was celebrating, what a 10 minute ride that was
Sounds epic ! Before my time. My dad always talks highly of Latchford!
I was glad to say I went to Upton Park before it was demolished.

Sounds epic ! Before my time. My dad always talks highly of Latchford!
I was glad to say I went to Upton Park before it was demolished.
Can still picture him standing on the railings in his goal celebration pose with a swarm of Evertonians swaying in front of him, no health and safety rules then, no one got hurt or complained but what an atmosphere

An orange ball, a near-death experience ( due to hypothermia) & cheering like mad when Bolton's midfield general got stretchered off.

Reidy, forgive us for we knew not what the future would bring.
Big Georgie Wood, must have been like hitting a brick wall, we waited 4 hours on the train then couldn't get a taxi to move in Liverpool when we got home

Anyone go the New year Bolton one that was stopped at half time due to the snow, remember the open end full of the blues doing the pogo to try and keep warm, took 6 hours to get home, great memories
Yes getting home hardly any busses after the trains eventually got back
Any that were getting pelted with snow and wouldn't stop
Remember Bolton fans throwing snowballs continuously from a covered terrace

1995 fa cup semi final elland road.
One of the best days following the blues without doubt.I remember nearly everyone wanted the so called dream final of spurs v the mancs but our support that day was in no doubt we would lose. Another great one from that year was Ipswich when we won 1-0 i think rideout got our winner and confirmed our safety,we was singing Going down our we f@@k well stay up and win the cup for about 20 mins and at the end the Ipswich fans came on the pitch clapping us singing they hoped we win the cup,great night that.

dynamo kiev away with Martinez was one of the best atmospheres iv witnessed and iv been following everton away for 30 years
Rotterdam was a great experience, the overnight ferry ,arguing with the crew when they closed the bar and the captain coming down and reopening it, sitting in the lounge with hundreds of blues singing Beatle songs.
The scared faces of the od Dutch people when we jumped the tram when we got there and then watching them change to smiles when the lads got up and gave up their seats.
The square full of blues, no trouble ,smiles everywhere and being welcomed by the police for a change, watching bus loads of Celtic fans arriving then taking over three quarters of the ground listening to the wooden seats snap behind me as everyone jumped on them.

Rotterdam was a great experience, the overnight ferry ,arguing with the crew when they closed the bar and the captain coming down and reopening it, sitting in the lounge with hundreds of blues singing Beatle songs.
The scared faces of the od Dutch people when we jumped the tram when we got there and then watching them change to smiles when the lads got up and gave up their seats.
The square full of blues, no trouble ,smiles everywhere and being welcomed by the police for a change, watching bus loads of Celtic fans arriving then taking over three quarters of the ground listening to the wooden seats snap behind me as everyone jumped on them.
I will never forget the ferry back after we played ucd in the ecwc what a night that was

Sunderland QF in the cup, remember getting into the concourse and the was an air of we are beating these and going the semi, a glimpse of what it would have been like in the 80’s.

There’s been plenty more I’ve had the pleasure of being there for but that just sticks out.
That was my first thought mate. I knew we were gonna win that day

West Ham away at Upton park was always a great atmosphere.. I went 08'ish when Johnson and the yak scored and we won 2-1 I think. about this time of year..

Christ that's ten years ago. deary deary me.
Yes mate great shout. That was bonkers. Played them twice in a week I think. Laure winners in both

Status
Not open for further replies.