Ban Craig Pawson from all future Everton games

Status
Not open for further replies.
I realise I may be coming off as annoying on this thread. Please don't block me, and remember that the real enemy is Craig Pawson :D

Your missing (or I am) the Micheal Keane one, when he stepped backwards in the box and happened to step on the forwards toes as he was watching the ball travel through the air. It was reviewed for ages and given as a penalty.
I honestly missed a few. In the end I gave up keeping track because it was just depressing. It’s now what 2 whole years later and there are still things going against us, it’s almost obvious.

We'll have to agree to disagree mate. I just don't think you can ignore the fact that the City defender was strides ahead of the Newcastle player and comfortably in possession of the ball. City's goal was under virtually no threat, if the Newcastle player was in possession of the ball or clearly about to take the ball then it would be a pen for me but he wasn't. Or if the keeper had went out of his way to take out Newcastle player it would be a pen for me but he didn't.
Team A takes a corner and sends an outswinger to the far side of the box, where a Team B defender wellies it clear. At the near post, another Team B defender hauls down a Team A attacker. Seeing as Team B comfortably cleared the corner and the pulled-down attacker had no chance to get to the ball, I presume no penalty?

one of the problems with football play that is near the line is that there is a general consensus of what looks right and what looks wrong, but when you try to commit that to words in a definition, its nigh on impossible. DCL looked fine in real time, the slowing down of the footage and trying to lever the rules onto it and to over analyse it to try and justify a red was horrible.

Team A takes a corner and sends an outswinger to the far side of the box, where a Team B defender wellies it clear. At the near post, another Team B defender hauls down a Team A attacker. Seeing as Team B comfortably cleared the corner and the pulled-down attacker had no chance to get to the ball, I presume no penalty?
If the ball is in team Bs half and a team B player hauls a team A player down in team As half completely away from play and off the ball. What does the ref give?

I realise I may be coming off as annoying on this thread. Please don't block me, and remember that the real enemy is Craig Pawson :D
All I can is all of the pundits thought it was a pen. I could understand why certain inadvertent collisions might be penalties if they happen well away from the ball and have no impact on the game but the goalie slid out to collect the ball pulled out because the defender got there first and th goalie then accidentally wiped out the attacker depriving him of an opportunity to compete for the ball. It’s unfortunate but under the current rules it’s a foul in the box and a penalty. I actually think far too many penalties are given nowadays and there should be more consideration given to what is actually happening. Accidental clips and where the attacker looks for contact shouldn’t be penalised and nor should circumstances where a goal scoring chance isn’t being denied.

Clear intent to win the ball over intent to take out the attacker matters for me

Your example is a deliberate attempt to take out a player with no attempt for the ball, which this was not.

The keeper came out with the Intention of gathering the ball, he didn't and took out an opponent instead. He wasn't stood up, he was sliding along the ground. If you watch the Newcastle player, he had actually started to shape to press the defender who took the ball the keeper prevented him from doing so. Absolute stonewall penalty.

Guess what sanction Pawson thought this deserved when looking straight at it :

bruno.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.