BACK TO UMBRO

Status
Not open for further replies.
louis_saha_1110316c.jpg

Talking of templates, who remembers this blinder from Umbro. Even the socks were the same

well the away & 3rd from the 1st season are just plain shirts with our badge & sponsor, do you really think they weren't template kits ?
The Goalkeeper kits were standard nike keeper kits
images

65464.jpg

So we're up to 5 out 8 kits so far - 62.5%, except the 2 aways each year were from the same template so we'll call it 4 from 6 = 66.6%.
The home from this year is (apart from colours the same as others) they may not have the band on the arms but thats only colour essentially.

So what you're saying is, England and Brazil had the same green goalie kit as us and the the odd random team in Europe had a similar template?

Still waiting for someone to show me where any of the Nike kits we were given was fully replicated on another team in the league

I look forward to seeing our unique gear from Umbro and not generic goalie kits and training gear btw

So what you're saying is, England and Brazil had the same green goalie kit as us and the the odd random team in Europe had a similar template?

Still waiting for someone to show me where any of the Nike kits we were given was fully replicated on another team in the league

I look forward to seeing our unique gear from Umbro and not generic goalie kits and training gear btw

So same template but different colours doesn't count ?

& the goalie kits were available in the Teamwear Range for any sunday league or kids team to buy and put their badge on.

On your basis the west ham shirt was different cos it had different colour sleeves

Do you work for Nike or something?

No, I just think it's a bit silly people have a blurry eyed view of Umbro as this traditional/retro English company who always made boss kits when in fact the only time they ever made smart, unique kits was for Man City when we had moved to Le Coq

Does anyone really care if we have a kit based on a template?

Its not like we have a template badge and template sponsor, and we are stuck with whatever colour combination the majority of Umbro kits use.

As long as its Blue and has got an Everton badge on it, i will be buying it anyway...

As long as its the "right" shade of blue...

And the socks are White...

And its the badge from circa 1991...

I always buy one of the shirts, usually the home. I also buy a lot of the training stuff, hoodies and the like. It's in this area I think Nike excelled. All the training gear was class and the hoodies and polo shirts were boss. Not looking forward to the crap Umbro put out, Le Coq all over again

Status
Not open for further replies.