BACK TO UMBRO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am i the only one who is proper 'meh' about umbro. They haven't made a nice kit for a few years.

No mate - I feel the same.

Going from Nike to Umbro screams of 'my dad's just been made redundant so we could only get Umbro boots for school'.

But then I realise it's only a kit and doesn't really matter. We had nice Umbro kits in the past.

No mate - I feel the same.

Going from Nike to Umbro screams of 'my dad's just been made redundant so we could only get Umbro boots for school'.

But then I realise it's only a kit and doesn't really matter. We had nice Umbro kits in the past.

Agree

Can't quite believe people actually think Umbro is a step up from Nike just cos Umbro once made a nice Man City kit or the notion Nike are this evil corporate American brand out to destroy football

Apparently, Umbro are making Hull City's kit next season as well so we're gonna be in esteemed company there

To be fair as much as I'm near brand loyal to Nike with a lot of things, it did tick me off how they considered us 'unimportant' and gave us template kits, I mean even when they did Villa's kits, they were custom, we were no worse than Villa when we signed up with Nike, and then the badge debacle of course. Umbro are going to make us the flagship club and therefore our kits will have an exclusive design and we will get their best stuff while the other teams like Hull and West Brom will get templates. Everton should always have exclusive designs and get the top range we're no Fulham or Barnsley and that's what annoyed me with Nike. Also it is Umbro not someone jarg like Macron or Le Coq Sportif.

To be fair as much as I'm near brand loyal to Nike with a lot of things, it did tick me off how they considered us 'unimportant' and gave us template kits, I mean even when they did Villa's kits, they were custom, we were no worse than Villa when we signed up with Nike, and then the badge debacle of course. Umbro are going to make us the flagship club and therefore our kits will have an exclusive design and we will get their best stuff while the other teams like Hull and West Brom will get templates. Everton should always have exclusive designs and get the top range we're no Fulham or Barnsley and that's what annoyed me with Nike. Also it is Umbro not someone jarg like Macron or Le Coq Sportif.

To be fair, Nike gave us an exclusive design. Can't think of other Nike clubs with our template to be honest.

Arsenals home is the same as our home

nike-brazil-kit-2012.jpg

New-Everton-Nike-Kit-2013.jpg

Hibernian also the same but green and white I think. A few more continental teams that I can't remember too.

Okay you're right guys. But what about this year's home kit? Isn't it unique? and the away?

Isn't Arsenals similar but with last years collar?

Don't like the big white cuffs on these two Nike kits we've had - all a bit too Lineker bib for me.

I was listening to the Followtonians Everton Podcast today, and they mentioned that an Everton 'circle badge' was put out by Umbro USA but quickly pulled. They were appealing for anyone that might have snapped it while it was online.

Either this was simply a case of Umbro using an incorrect badge, or it was something of interest.

Has anyone seen it?

Status
Not open for further replies.