Atmosphere at Goodison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Terrible today, laughed when we broke out to ' we only sing when we're winning' when Leicester fans sung ' your support is f*cking sh*te! '

The tactics and match quality have to shoulder some of the blame. It's hard to foster a good atmosphere when you're serving your fan base the football equivalent of Chinese Water Torture
Have to agree with you there Mikey, it's like we all know exactly how it's going to unfold, if we don't score early doors,the doom and gloom seems to come down over the ground.

Yeah spot on - we're not scoring goals, and to your average footy fan thats all they really care about, until something happens and we magically remember how to ATTACK down the wings instead of pissing it about 98 passes across the back its growing pains for us all.

The whole tempo of play is so slow and predictable, it translates through to the atmosphere on the terraces. For a 15 minute spell in the second half, there was greater urgency in our play (having Gibson attempting forward passes helped) and it awoke the crowd from their slumber. Evertons crowd and support has always been influenced by what the team does first and foremost on the pitch. The football served up for the majority of the season has had an adverse affect on our atmosphere without a doubt.

I know, but after a few minutes, ffs let the players get into some sort of stride before everyone gets on there case

I fully support the fume towards the bearded clown though, he can get to fuq
I think the problem sagey is that most of our games in the League take the same shape i.e. very slow,ponderous sideways/backwards passing,very little energy/desire,then oops an error and we're one down,we're paying a lot of money as fans/consumers and its the same old/same old,this season at least.

Cold weather, awful game, frustration and general nervousness dont help. Fair play to Leicester today, was only a half allocation, which is fine for a club of that size, but at least they sold it out unlike a lot of other similar clubs this season.

Our crowd just don't like his style of football. Is that Martinez fault or the crowd. At this point I'm not sure it matters but the reality is that against some teams it leads to a quiet first 30mins and then groans and later boos. Teams also setup to take this into account. Leicester didn't start playing until the crowd turned.

Our crowd just don't like his style of football. Is that Martinez fault or the crowd. At this point I'm not sure it matters but the reality is that against some teams it leads to a quiet first 30mins and then groans and later boos. Teams also setup to take this into account. Leicester didn't start playing until the crowd turned.
Or they were gifted two easy goals - the crowd were rightly on edge just like our defence, no confidence in TH now after that goalkeeping debacle!

Status
Not open for further replies.