Ashley Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.
First and foremost the CBs need to stop the ball going in our net. Williams and Jags give us the best chance of that.

Both of them defensively were outstanding. FM rightly will be 3rd choice.
Two much alike. You need a blend. He likes to have that Koeman. Look at S'ton when he had VVD and Fonte. One the organiser, the other more free to pull out of defence and block (and also get in the opposition box for headers).

Two much alike. You need a blend. He likes to have that Koeman. Look at S'ton when he had VVD and Fonte. One the organiser, the other more free to pull out of defence and block (and also get in the opposition box for headers).
Ashley Williams can play a bit with the ball at his feet mate, to say the least.

You're so mean Dave.

Do you think it would go down well handing a new signing the captaincy, regardless of his experience as a leader?

Genuine question.
I woudn't give a flying one what it looked like to Jagileka. This is, apparently, where Koeman excels: tough decisions that he either stands or falls by. That's been the hallmark of his managerial career so far - he gets it right or the owners run him out.

That decision is going to be one of the more easier ones he'll have here.

Did rather well today. Had Gueye in front of him, mind.

I'll see how he goes against better forwards, before making me mind up.

I think thats the key. Both of them are on the older "not as agile as I used to be" side. Putting Gueye in front of them gives a lot of cover with a lot of youth and energy. That was part of the problem last year of McCarthy being someone else on the pitch, and it being Barry and Jags with the old legs, teamed up with Stones of the poor decision making.

I think Williams playing on the left is good move by Koeman, as well as organising the defence he can encourage Baines to close down the wide player. If I'm not mistaken only 1 cross came in from the left and I think Baines was better defensively.

Williams has been the type of defender we have needed for years and hopefully, it will give a boost to Jags as the pair looked pretty solid today.

Amuses me the players you choose to hate: Baines, Jags, Mirallas. (Some of our best players)
And the players you consistently back. McCarthy, McGeady, Mori. (Some weak links).
Mori and McCarthy aren't weak links.

Baines has been poor since he got back from injury; Jagielka is not a leader (I've never questioned his ability to defend a ball), and Mirallas?! Please. The odd effort now and again before the next brain fart arrives.

Yeah, he wont make a fool of himself. But that's not a real blend of styles between him and the meat and potato 'style' of Jagielka.
Amazing amount of negativity you seem to be finding after each victory.

15/16 after a 3-1 away at a awful Villa team

DAVEK

'God bless you Roberto Martinez'

After 7 points from 9 under Koeman

'Jagielka is a meat and potato footballer'
lollollollollol

Status
Not open for further replies.