Article

Status
Not open for further replies.
says it all really :"Even the switch contributed, in a mocking way, to Chelsea's winning goal. When Frank Lampard turned on the edge of the box Neville would have been there in the first half.

But having to scramble across from his wider position, he was wrong footed and Lampard does what he does best."

We need a strong right back next season

If only we could get baines' mirror refelction :huh:

Nice lines about Everton, but his central point is wrong: teams outside the 'Big 4' can win the FA Cup. It just chimes in with the defeatist nonsense that's vogue at the moment and helps the teams at the top radiate superiority. If Everton had had the cash poured into them that the likes of Spurs (or even Villa last summer) had pumped into them then there'd have been a very tight game out there today too close to call. Talent through the ranks + judicious buying of 'bubbling under' talent + the cash to bring in a clutch of top quality players can give you a shot in a one off game. Guess which part of the recipe we dont have? :oops:

He's right about the right flank, and if we have the money we should push for Glen Johnson, he'd be perfect imo

he would, ive always liked he idea of an all english defence.
it worked well this season

He's right about the right flank, and if we have the money we should push for Glen Johnson, he'd be perfect imo

Glen Johnson would be nice, but can we afford him?? And if Eriksson becomes Portsmouth manager don't htink he would let him go...:(

I don't think we're as poor as Moyes and Bill are making out, not saying we're loaded but I think theres a big signing coming up in the summer (by big I mean £10/12m)

I don't think we're as poor as Moyes and Bill are making out, not saying we're loaded but I think theres a big signing coming up in the summer (by big I mean £10/12m)

That could be Everton's budget for the summer, would you spend it on one player and then looki for loans? Or split it and get a couple of players in?

just posted in another thread but... Johnson and Ledley in I think we could afford and then Quaresma (just been out on loan to Chelsea and unlikely to make inters team) on loan or Nani, then Moyes can get his usual bag of tricks in. Christopher Sambas available for free in the summer, could be half decent backup

... let's not forget it was Everton and their fans who made this day.
Chelsea won the match, but the extremes of joy and sadness, hope and despair, were all wearing an Everton shirt – losers yet unvanquishable.

the domination of this competition by the sky4 & especially their apparent view of it as some kind of consolation or afterthought is a great shame. the last time a clear under-dog won the cup was probably us back in '95. maybe the way to revitalise the competition is to have all the top clubs enter the competition much earlier, perhaps straight after the qualifying rounds.

Can't justify making the top teams start earlier simply for finishing high up, we'd certainly complain if we were at the top and the rule came in

"But let's not forget it was Everton and their fans who made this day. Chelsea won the match, but the extremes of joy and sadness, hope and despair, were all wearing an Everton shirt – losers yet unvanquishable."

says it all really :"Even the switch contributed, in a mocking way, to Chelsea's winning goal. When Frank Lampard turned on the edge of the box Neville would have been there in the first half.

But having to scramble across from his wider position, he was wrong footed and Lampard does what he does best."

We need a strong right back next season

If only we could get baines' mirror refelction :huh:

If Neville learnt how to tackle, then he wouldnt have scored.....simple as. Pathetic attempt.

Think its abit harsh on Phil Neville after such a great season . I just hope that this defeat doesnt afftect his too greatly

Think its abit harsh on Phil Neville after such a great season . I just hope that this defeat doesnt afftect his too greatly

Whats harsh about it? As for having a great season, he had a great season for Neville, and not a great season

Status
Not open for further replies.