Are we in worse shape than 1994/5?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mawders

Player Valuation: £35m
I'm really worried. At least in 1994 we had the likes of Southall, Waggy, Ablett, Ferguson, Limpar, Hinchcliffe, and Rideout who just needed a new lease of life and a game plan. We've got none of that right now

We do.

There is no team to get behind this time round. You can't pick 11 players and trust them to get a result, so many players don't go together and they all fill different tactical needs without ever playing to their strengths.

Plus the comparison to then is that players back in the 90s weren't carrying around massive price tags sitting in the bench

The worst I’ve ever remembered was that half season when we lost to dinamo Bucharest 5-1 in the Europa qualifiers and then went and lost all the games after for two months straight.

This is worse by far.

I'm really worried. At least in 1994 we had the likes of Southall, Waggy, Ablett, Ferguson, Limpar, Hinchcliffe, and Rideout who just needed a new lease of life and a game plan. We've got none of that right now

+1

And you forgot to add Unsie's name to that list of quality players.

Is he to fall victim to revisionism for stepping up to try and sort Koeman and Walsh's disastrous transfer policy out :blush:

I’m 33 and grew up through us struggling.

Honestly, I think we’ve had it. Absolutely no hope in this squad. Most worried I’ve ever been since joining this fine forum in 2009.

Well thanks for the vote of confidence mate haha lol

I'm 24 so never had a full on relegation season where it's gone to may yet. Think that's sadly about to change.

Well thanks for the vote of confidence mate haha lol

I'm 24 so never had a full on relegation season where it's gone to may yet. Think that's sadly about to change.

Sorry mate. Wish I could be more positive but what I am seeing from Everton is almost unreal.

I don’t see any way out of this, but as always on here, I would love to be proved wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.