Anichebe Needs To Realise How Good He Is - Round

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigmaclad

No mate
Anichebe has been challenged by assistant boss Steve Round to build on his performance at the DW Stadium.

Round said: “He had a good energy about him, he was committed. Victor has been through a bit of a tough time but he is only young and he is trying to establish himself. He is coming through and I thought this performance was better from him.

“He needs to realise how good he could be and start performing that way. The only way he is going to win the crowd over and establish himself in the Premier League is with his performances on the pitch."

So this is the excuse for Anichebe being so bad, he doesn't realise how good he is? Could be true, as he was boss for parts of last season, maybe Moyes just isn't giving him enough confidence?

This is why I hate Steve Round. He seems so clueless sometimes.

With his stupid microphone.

Yup. Exactly this.

He's not responsible for Moyes' mistakes as such, but he certainly doesn't help.

If he honestly thinks Anichebe is "good", then he should be in no way, shape or form consulted on future signings.

115803d1291063322-we-want-our-wednesday-back-alan-irvine-001.jpg

GET IRVINE IN!

I'm not Anichebe's biggest fan, but perhaps Round's comments lend weight to the notion that what goes on on the training pitch is very different to what we are seeing at the weekend?

Moyes stated recently that team selection is based very much on what goes on in training; if players train hard they get to play.

Maybe Victor is showing signs of promise in training and working hard but it's just not coming off for him on the pitch.

Encouragement may be what is needed. Interesting also how Round hints at Anichebe needing to get the fans on his side, as at the moment he's not getting much support.

I'm not Anichebe's biggest fan, but perhaps Round's comments lend weight to the notion that what goes on on the training pitch is very different to what we are seeing at the weekend?

Moyes stated recently that team selection is based very much on what goes on in training; if players train hard they get to play.

Maybe Victor is showing signs of promise in training and working hard but it's just not coming off for him on the pitch.

Encouragement may be what is needed. Interesting also how Round hints at Anichebe needing to get the fans on his side, as at the moment he's not getting much support.

Maybe the booing earlier this season had a bigger effect than we had realised?

he deserved the boo'ing for being a p***k about his contract
Im not justifying that kind of thing for better/higher profile players, but you can sort of see where theyre coming from when they try and rape the clubs for money....but Anichebe?

Given that Moyes keeps putting him on, you can't blame Round for trying to get him going somehow. Last I checked Round doesn't pick the team. He also doing what a good assistant does - provides cover for his boss. He is really saying "Vic is really good, the supporters are just not seeing what the manager knows is there."

What do you expect Round to say - "Vic sucks. I can't believe that douche Moyes keeps running him out there"

The only person to blame for Vic's inclusion in the team is the man who keeps including him.

Given that Moyes keeps putting him on, you can't blame Round for trying to get him going somehow. Last I checked Round doesn't pick the team. He also doing what a good assistant does - provides cover for his boss. He is really saying "Vic is really good, the supporters are just not seeing what the manager knows is there."

What do you expect Round to say - "Vic sucks. I can't believe that douche Moyes keeps running him out there"

The only person to blame for Vic's inclusion in the team is the man who keeps including him.

I'd rather he didn't say anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.