mawders

Player Valuation: £35m
We don't have a dedicated HK thread?

We do now

Starting with this

[video=youtube;f2SuJs2YXdY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2SuJs2YXdY[/video]

hpward-kendall.jpg

Yes.

...I've been fortunate enough to watch the player in his prime and lived with his team in their hey day. In fact, some of the older folk on here will also remember the fresh faced lad who climbed the steps at Wembley in '64 to be the youngest ever finalist. Tremendous player who would've got a shed load of caps these days. Deserves a thread and a legendary status in our history.

Key to success? Consistency and a will to win.

Do we have that now? When it means consistently polishing off the teams inferior to you then no, we haven't had that since Howard's day. We've at least consistently finished best of the rest the last 8 years or so.

Will to win? I don't think we've had that since that run of 1-0's in the 04/05 season. We need to have that will for a few seasons, not a few games.

Thanks for the reminder, Mr Kendall.

I've read Colin Harvey's book, the admiration he had for him as a player is huge, he said when he came back as manager he was still the guy everyone wanted in their 5aside team in training as he never gave the ball away

I think we should have HK as the official guest of honour at one of our home games this season. Have him on the pitch at half time and all that. The home game against Utd would be good. Give him a reception better than what Moyes was given last season (which was very good), get the fans chanting his name, that Bobby's name and then telling Moyes to fck off back up the M62

I think we should have HK as the official guest of honour at one of our home games this season. Have him on the pitch at half time and all that. The home game against Utd would be good. Give him a reception better than what Moyes was given last season (which was very good), get the fans chanting his name, that Bobby's name and then telling Moyes to fck off back up the M62

Superb idea mate.

Anyone see HK play for us second time round? He was appointed player-manager - I saw him come on for us at Goodison for one of his early games 81/82 but I was just a kid and my memory is hazy. Have a single image of him playing a big cross-field pass and my Dad turning to me and saying that's a class footballer there son :)

He was in our lounge last game/in one of our boxes, he's treated with huge respect, and rightfully so.

Joe Royle is often in the lounge I work in also.

Status
Not open for further replies.