2023/24 Abdoulaye Doucoure

The sooner this fella and Gana aren’t starting in our midfield the better. We simply can’t play football or control a game with them as our centre mids. With Garner and Onana as the two and say, McNeil/Harrison/Danjuma in the 10 we might stand a chance.
I agree. You would have thought that the three we had in midfield today would win the physical battle against most, but they were miles off. Whatever Doucouré was supposed to be doing wasn't working and him and Maupay are a match made in hell from an attacking perspective.

The sooner this fella and Gana aren’t starting in our midfield the better. We simply can’t play football or control a game with them as our centre mids. With Garner and Onana as the two and say, McNeil/Harrison/Danjuma in the 10 we might stand a chance.

I agree that Gueye and Doucoure are garbage most of the time. My concern with Garner and Onana as a midfield duo is how little they're involved in the game. Both would have to step up massively if they were our centre mids.