2023/24 Abdoulaye Doucoure

I can accept that he's in there as something of a goal threat, but he really needs to be moved on from once there's a proper striker starting every week.

Alls he had to do in on goal was pass it to the right for garner to score into an empty net ..... Maupay on his left had strayed offside - so that may have put him off - we should have scored ....

Alls he had to do in on goal was pass it to the right for garner to score into an empty net ..... Maupay on his left had strayed offside - so that may have put him off - we should have scored ....
It's worse than that. If you watch the footage, Maupay drops back so as to remain onside after Doucoure's first touch. It means if he passes left or right, it's a guaranteed goal to Maupay or Garner. He just needs to pass.

This team is incredibly selfish in attack, and shows a terrible lack of composure, often choosing poor, low percentage shots over setting up teammates for much better ones (Gray being a primary offender). Scoring the old hail mary worldy from range has only increased this trait (last game of the season, anyone?) and it's up to our coaching staff to iron it out.

It's worse than that. If you watch the footage, Maupay drops back so as to remain onside after Doucoure's first touch. It means if he passes left or right, it's a guaranteed goal to Maupay or Garner. He just needs to pass.

This team is incredibly selfish in attack, and shows a terrible lack of composure, often choosing poor, low percentage shots over setting up teammates for much better ones (Gray being a primary offender). Scoring the old hail mary worldy from range has only increased this trait (last game of the season, anyone?) and it's up to our coaching staff to iron it out.
Maybe he didn't spot Garner, but he noticed Maupay & thought "I'm not passing to him, he couldn't score in a brothel", and decided to take it on himself.

It's worse than that. If you watch the footage, Maupay drops back so as to remain onside after Doucoure's first touch. It means if he passes left or right, it's a guaranteed goal to Garner. He just needs to pass.

fixed

Not squaring to Garner was bad, not finishing the one on one after deciding not to square it was criminal

Played quite well today overall I thought but I’ll only remember that mistake
He was awful. Poor touch and passing as per usual. Just mental how dyche seemed to push him further up late on wheh he’s awful With his back to goal and we had a striker on the bench