A new player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Number_25

Player Valuation: £50m
With Everton floundering in the league and cash strapped we need to look toward a different way of bolstering our squad than the usual “Oh I would love the Mout to come” and “MANNY IN”. So I was thinking, most seasons we bring in a player that changes the season on its head. So as I looked through the Everton squad list I noticed someone who has yet not been mentioned in this way.

Jose Baxter

He might be able to do what Rooney did for us all them seasons ago, push us on and give us a fighting edge. The 17 year old looked absolutely fantastic against BATE and I think he should be given a run in the first team.

Why you ask?
I’ll tell you why, we need a player who does nothing other than try to drive the team on, and with the absence of influential midfielder/defender Phil Neville I think this young Toffee will show a little more impotence and fight for the final ball/touch.

So I’m going to say it

Cahill OUT

Baxter IN

jose%20baxter_633568278080937500.jpg

All good and well, if Baxter was particularly good at the moment. He isn't.

Fully agree with Cahill. Said it time and again, he's unfortunately had his best years.

Last edited:
I mean, yes, Arteta and Jagielka coming back will be big (ASAP please!), but I tell you what: what about Leon Osman?

Now, I've not been Osman's biggest fan but considering he's been out for a while, he did well today, and I think he could just be the man to get us ticking along again in midfield, and hopefully raise the games of others.

I don't think he's a particularly great player BUT he could just be the little pick-me-up the side needs. And, for once this season, we have room to rotate in midfield.

Depending on how Moyes uses him, I've got a good feeling about Donovan helping to turn our season around.

That and we need to be closing the opposition down like we did in past seasons. This has been our biggest downfall IMHO as we're not hounding the opposition enough, especially against sides like Birmingham and Stoke etc. who really don't have the players that can burn you if you play them too tight.

He was far from fantastic against BATE and he's not the answer, not yet.

Cahill out yes, he needs dropping. But not for Jose Baxter.

Totally agree on Cahill. I'm a fan of his, but he isn't contributing enough.

I haven't seen enough of Baxter but it could be asking a bit much to expect him to give the team a lift. I think Donovan might be a straight swap for Cahill. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

(p.s. hello everyone, I ain't been on here before.)

Drop Cahill and play Billy in the middle.
Lets face it, Billy is not a winger who run up and down the flank and dribble past defenders. It's also increasingly obvious crossing is not his strength either. I believe he's more talented at providing thru balls down the middle, just like how he provide the pass for Saha's disallowed goal.

All good and well, if Baxter was particularly good at the moment. He isn't.

Fully agree with Cahill. Said it time and again, he's unfortunately had his best years.

Good to see you mate, yeah Im blaming Cahill for our bad form too.

Time he retired eh?

We've been lucky with yankees.

So I guess that, now that we got the best american player of all time, another yankee could save our season.

I've rated Baxter really highly for years, we haven't seen him show off his vision & ability to find a man on the run from miles away recently, but he's got the ability to do both. Thought we'd have seen a lot more of him by now. That said, I don't think he's ready to keep Cahill out of the team yet but he's an option coming off the bench that I thought we'd have used a lot more

Very difficult to judge what we need because with jags and arteta missing its very hard to judge the team as a whole.

As soon as those two are back its my opinion that the whole team will shine again then all of a sudden we don't need player X or Y and need player Z..... (if you see what i mean)

why not give the american a chance hes scored the most goals for the ressies,it cant hurt to give him a couple of minutes to see if he has anything

Status
Not open for further replies.