A Few Thoughts About the West Brom Match... No Particular Order

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeftSideofthePond

Player Valuation: Free Transfer
-The officiating in the EPL is a constant head-scratcher. Where they dig up these morons is beyond me, but the one consistent seems to be a lack of consistency.

-Barkley looks to be the best player on the squad in this young campaign. Always positively intrepid, high energy. Truly an exercise in the expression of youthful exuberance. Love that No. 20 and always feel good when he's on the ball.

-Distin has one operational foot, and it has very poor touch. Poor Syl is not the kind of CB that should be pretending to play in Barca's system. I cringe every time he has the ball and we're trying to play from the back.

-Mirallas: boss as usual. As far as I'm concerned, you can't have too many Belgians on your squad. I can deal with the bad haircuts and cigarettes.

-Jelavic is not a premier league striker anymore. Slow reactions, indecisive in the touch, a genuine displeasure to watch at this point.

-I don't know why we even send Fellani up on corners anymore. He is essentially tackled every time he moves with a predictable non-reaction from the officials.

-I don't know what you limes call douchebags over on your side of the pond: [Poor language removed], tosser, etc., but David Moyes is that. If I were Bill Kenwright, I would casually walk up and cold-cock him in his lady bits.

-On that note, I'd like to punch Jonas Olsson right in the neck.

-Whilst writing this post, I nonchalantly walked past Leon Osman with my laptop in midfield. Flimsy would be an extremely kind description of what that Lilliputian offers in defense. I'm over it.

-Tim Howard has been outstanding in this young season. Competition has done him well. Excellent reactions and, much to my surprise, his distribution has improved markedly.

-We seem to have developed an essence of inopportunity in front of goal. Not enough chances created, and of those chances, not enough converted.

-Let's go Villa. I've got a brace from Benteke. Enjoy your Saturday, ladies.

On your last point, it is absoloutley nailed on Liverpool win today, Villa will be ok away but at home the RS will pick them off, with some decent football in the opponents half.

I think Howard's distribution is still wank and I wouldn't say he's been outstanding didn't have much to do, Foster was great, mind. Distin might be one footed but his pace and strenght make him a good CB. Today we hoofed it up again so not much Barca today.

How long did you look at your post and cream off the fact you used fancy words?

your not getting a blue peter badge from me!

you made alot of points that were correct, but then, 'mirallas boss as usual' he didnt do anywhere near enough for me today considering what he is capable of.
coleman done most of the work down that right hand side.
with regards to the fellaini comment, ok lets keep him on the half way line....
he gets man handled for a game so lets not send him forward.
BORING!NEGATIVE!EVERTONIANS! WHO NEED TO BE HEARD!
this team needs time. class dismissed.

Personally was very disappointed with Mirallas today.

Really? I thought he had a good first half. I was a bit disappointed he was subbed off though, as Moyes noted this as a flaw in the player's determination last season. Does Mirallas feel he can get away with more under Martinez, or was it the manager's decision? I can't see why Martinez would bring on Naismith unless it was a necessity (and I'm shocked he's still playing on the wing!)

Coleman was the standout player for me today; constantly bombing forward, several good attempts on goal, and he cleaned up defensively pretty easily (didn't notice any defensive errors from him). Barkley was also excellent.

In the end you sort of have to just accept that there wasn't much we could have done differently. That they subbed on a centre back for a striker with ~15 to go says it all really. I would have liked us to be a bit sharper in the final third, but I think that's one of the kinks that will iron out as Martinez has more time. I'm still very happy with the overall change in managerial philosophy, as at times we were fantastic to watch today.

Mirallas was ****e and Howards distribution was ****ing dire....luckily I am more arsed about him making saves and he made a couple of half decent saves. Osman was o.k, he is getting told to just sit there in the middle and keep it simple and that is what he did. And yep, lets hope the ****e lose because that always makes the weekend more fun in my household.

every time the ball was passed to an evertonian minus a few players they moved forward west brom player moved towards them so they stopped and turned round and let everybody get back in place ffs. they need to stop teams getting their formations back as they have sussed how everton play no change from last year, when their players are rattled we seem to do better with a bit of chaos on the pitch so they need to change a few things around. as last year these players managed a lot of draws so hense, they are maybe the best players at the club in the managers opinion but they dont work together(plan b and c now) as there is not enough creativity, penetration and x factor in the team apart from coleman and barkley at the min.

miralles boss? no...

howard outstanding? very generous...

Distin was excellent today and jelavic, well i worry that you are right there! everything else was spot on

Have to agree about Mirallas, last week at Norwich especially there was a definite lack of spark from him, and he seemed to put in very little effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.