A Few Thoughts About the West Brom Match... No Particular Order

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a bit fed up of Mirallas strolling around like he's a superstar before he's done anything in the game to justify that attitude. Thinks he's Ronaldo or something, prove it on the ptich ya poser.

He's got a gold Bentley with monogrammed seats, recall looking at it in the car park before the game and thinking hmmmm, I bet that raised a few eyebrows at FF. West Brom closed him right down and he didn't seem to have any answer to it whereas seamus had the same players back peddling

Last edited:
Must have been at a different game today. Mirallas was sh*te, Distin was our best player on the park.

totall agree, kev was gash today tbf, lost track of the amount of heavy first touches or losing it trying to beat someone, also think felli had a awful spell in the second half for like 30 mins of looking well zoned out or switched off, thought distan and peanuts where the best two on for us today

Some good points there, but I'm absolutely lost as to how Mirallas was boss. Today was possibly the worst I've seen him in a blue shirt.

Howard outstanding?? Made a couple of decent saves but ones I'd expect him to make. His distribution is still terrible though, one point in the lsat 10minutes he held onto it for as long as possible before rolling it out to Osman. Why so slow when we're going for the win?.

Wasn't impressed with Fellaini today. I'd think long and hard about cashing in on him if we get a fair offer and have a box - to - box player lined up to replace him with. The area which concerns me most about the team in centre midfield - we have no runners in there. Kone also definitely needs to start at Cardiff, thought he was much more threatening than Jelavic when he came on.

Agree wholeheartedly.

Wasn't all Jelavic's fault, he got very little service, but when he did get the ball he was mostly offside. Kone came on, and for someone who has basically had no pre-season, looked sharp and hungry to get scoring, with a bit of luck the post would have knocked the ball to him for a tap in.

Mirallas has yet to turn up for me. I don't think he's anywhere near as quick as he's made out to be by some, I'd love to see his % of successful vs attempted dribbles. Also # of time ball lost (2nd. to Osman ?)

Jelavic is not suited to 4-5-1 or 4-4-1-1 whatever it is we attempting to play. He's not mobile enough and the # of times he gets caught offside (last season too) is ridiculous. What is going through his head ? I'd offload him.

Would prefer to see Vis start if the loan man, esp against WBA's yard dog central defence, see is Olsson can manage a bullying Vic (though reckon Vic would start whingeing and go off with a knock after an ankle tap or two).

Lack of players in their box was disgusting, there were times when Baines / Pienaar / Coleman had got themselves into a crossing position but then held back as no one there. You wonder where Jelavic was on these occasions.

Naismith's pre-season purple patch seemingly did not carry through to the proper season. Seems to be trying harder and more mobile / energetic but he'll always be 'not-good-enough'.

Jags is not the driving, motivation that you need from a skipper it's just not in his make-up.

I think what a lot of people fail to realise is the fact we lost a brilliant manager, whoever took over had a hell of a job on their hands to even replicate what Moyes achieved, never mind better it.

Regardless of that point, we're two games in, Martinez needs to be given plenty of time (years IMO) and hopefully we'll see us maintain the level of performance we've had over the past few years. Just be prepared for it to be a struggle at times this year.

Mirallas simply had a poor game by his standards.
Barkley should stop impersonating Gareth Bale and start to use his brain rather than brawn. He simply don't have an idea of game tempo. He tried too hard and everyone else don't play as well as a result.
Osman is getting increasingly invisible, on par with poor-form-Carrick with or without the ball, and its worrying.
Pienaar seems unable to last for a whole 90 mins. Time for a few Deulofeu outings.
Jelavic still cannot play as lone striker and he need a more suitable club to join ffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.